Medic Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Moderator: Mod

Humak
Daman

Re: Medic Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby Humak » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:02 pm

really wish they would not push updates on Wednesday. My medic has already raided for this week so i can't test what i wanted to test in raid. Updates to come soon. I'll go ahead and post suggested LAS's for new skills unsure of how heavy we might have to go into some focus pool stuff.
Humak Daman - Medic
Humak Dawarrior
Humak DaEsper

Enigma Officer
Twitch

Attackroot
newb

Postby Attackroot » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:48 pm

After our last posts. I've work my way away from int before patch hit. with testing it multiple ways with the same gear on the same fights etc. i found it was better for me to have some but still get a decent amount of focus pool. (with out the DS class set)

Humak
Daman

Postby Humak » Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:54 pm

My new LAS's that i want to use have T8 mending T8 Emission and T8 SS with a LOT of SS spam. So focus cost will be through the roof. IF it can be sustained i think it would viable. I don't like posting new builds on the main guide though tell i have time to test it and validate that it's a good build. Note this build will likily require a slight alteration to my current rune set recommendations. All this i want to know before i post.

I will try to have something updated that I can stand behind up here by next Wednesday.
Humak Daman - Medic
Humak Dawarrior
Humak DaEsper

Enigma Officer
Twitch

Attackroot
newb

Postby Attackroot » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:12 pm

Ya, i understand what your saying. and also even with the focus pool build im currently doing with out the DS rune set, i can see the FP issues with doing t8 ss. it will be interesting to say the least. i was looking at it and theory crafting when they changed it.

Kissqt
newb

Postby Kissqt » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:04 am

Yeah, they will soon move the raid reset on Wenesday to fit with the Update at least.

So were you able to try the new triage ? Some people said that it will be really strong with crit runes, i am not that sure since it has a good focus cost, kind of bad for healing anybody else than the tank, plus i am not sure that the heal is that good.

Charmeleomander
newb

Postby Charmeleomander » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:53 am

Kissqt wrote:So were you able to try the new triage ? Some people said that it will be really strong with crit runes, i am not that sure since it has a good focus cost, kind of bad for healing anybody else than the tank, plus i am not sure that the heal is that good.

I ran t8 triage in dungeons and really liked how it performed. Being able to snipe a dumb dps standing away from the group is pretty fantastic.

Billyonaire
newb

Postby Billyonaire » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:33 pm

Been lurking a long time, guess I'll speak up since not many other Medic healers have access to the DS class set.

The 75% nerf was okay without the fix, the fix would be okay without the 75% nerf, currently we're stuck with both.
This patch has entirely altered my playstyle. Last night I was never able to get more than 20 active Resource Probes stacks and in most cases I was stuck with about 4, unfortunately even 2 focus per second is more than the alternatives can give. I've been trying a lot of things to get back to some decent amount of regen so that I can do more than just spam Emission while the raid is taking 100k damage per second on our y83 attempts.

1. I dropped Overflow for Exuberance, pretty much only superior for y83 but my guild doesn't need me to specialize for any other fight.
2. I dropped Guardian Angel for Virtuous Circle, a good rune but I don't think more multi-hit is going to increase my output over having more focus.
3. I tried dropping 8 piece Resource Probes down to 4 and replacing those runes for 6/6 Cynosure, this seems to have been a mistake.

My new and expensive plan will be put back in my 8/8 Resource Probes and to trade out every Concentration rune of Intensity for Concentration of Focus Pool and switch out Virtuous Circle for Conservation. This should put me on par with our Slingers and Espers for focus gained per second even if I'm tank healing and can only maintain 2 stacks of Resource Probes. I still don't think that will be enough to keep up with the cost of Medic heals but at least I won't find myself with so little focus that I can't cast Mending Probes.

Humak
Daman

Postby Humak » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 pm

The DS T8 set is still bugged, looking into how it is reproduced so i can report it. CK was on his alt medic today and was up to 40 stacks of the buff.

As for fusions
Virtuous Circle will be better then the super nerfed Guardian
I still partially prefer overflow to exuberance personally but it can very somewhat based on raid comp and preference. They are definitely closer now then they were at the onset of drop 6.

Quite interested in getting a chance to medic heal next week.
Humak Daman - Medic
Humak Dawarrior
Humak DaEsper

Enigma Officer
Twitch

CK Jester
100 posts wooo

Postby CK Jester » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:35 am

@Billyonaire

so the way resource probes swaps is the reason you have trouble getting higher stacks. so if you have a group of 5 people including yourself and cast mending you will get 5 stacks and then after mending expires you will have 0 because there are no targets to hop to. mending/protection probes can only hop to targets without mending/protection so the maximum maintainable stack count is equal to 1/2 the group size rounded down within 15m spread. so the max maintainable size for a group of 5 is 2 and for 20 people its 10. now this doesnt mean you cant get higher than 10 because you certainly can but if you dont cast mending after a prolonged period of time your stacks will always be reduced to <= 10 (20 if you use prot as well).

tips for maintaining/gaining stacks.
1. cast mending/prot off cd
2. cast flash on < 5 people. this will detonate your probes and reset your mending cd. you only need to detonate 1 to reset the cd.
3. have an las with protection probes can precast this before the encounter, you dont need the ability on your las for it to hop
4. if you have a split group (elemental pairs) cast mending/prot on the opposite group before the pull / switch between the groups

Billyonaire
newb

Postby Billyonaire » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:54 pm

@CK

Yeah, I've noticed these things. There are just now some inconsistencies since they've tried to fix it. Previously if you were out of range of your target when Mending Probes expires you would retain the stacks of Resource Probes but your Mending Probes couldn't actually jump to other targets without your presence. This is why it was possible to reach 40, 50, 99 stacks of Resource Probes before... This can still happen but it's rare and I'm not sure of what other conditions may be required. I noticed I retained 47 stacks from healing for trash going into our first pull of y83 but after wiping I could only retain the stacks of people that would stay within a certain range of me.

An update on my rune changes:
I'm relatively pleased with my current focus regen, it might be too much, ideally I want just enough regen to use most heals on cooldown while I'm within the range of free emission. At the cost of ~7% intensity and the ~6% multi hit (Virtuous Circle) I'm standing at 1844 focus pool and 1.44% focus recovery rate out of combat and unbuffed, 1.63% with Conservation (special thanks for your stat graphs allowing us to push the limits on caps :D ). This is enough to cast whatever I want as often as I want even if the Resource Probes regen is practically non existent.

Some logs of my focus for reference

Before: http://www.wildstarlogs.com/reports/R9rG8BzTq61wdXvP#fight=19&type=resources&spell=100
After: http://www.wildstarlogs.com/reports/zQtWgCY7mc4ZfvPG#fight=15&type=resources&spell=100

Melt
newb

Postby Melt » Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:27 am

Recently since medic changes had been announced I was one of the most optimistic for the new SS changes thinking the t8 would be a decent proactive healing and might get it back into medics way of playing the game, therefore I decided to do my testing on PTR.

I found out with a cynosure build heavily invested focus pool / regen, having 2kfp and 1.5frr I could substain arround one t8 SS every 3sec which isn't amazing but acceptable.
The issue with that build was more the cost of SS itelf 137, making double casting SS impossible ( because you play with 250 anyways ), and I couldn't use SS and other spells in a row or I would have to wait for focus.

That said I tried to run no focus at all and get the most out of emission t4 which is the alternative running path, as opposed to focus heavy SS.
Because I didn't need focus at all ( I can spam rejuv, mending, dual shock on GCD and always get back to 250 focus ), I first looked into running Striker ( which gives more MHS than cynosure ), Pulse with several settup ( more intensity, more crit...), full intensity, and for the sake of it I tried devastation full crit crit sev even tho it is said to be bad compared to MH.

I parsed doing only emission spam with dual shock to keep the fight going in logs, which is afaik the best way to represent healing output, I was very surprised to find out my best result were using devastation running
Theses are the results of my logs:
-Whithout raid buffs devastation is 13% superior than striker, and 30% better than focus oriented running.
-With raid buffs it gets even as you get VI increased you MHS by alot, the only settup that goes a little bit superior than devastation I could find was a Pulse mix with alot of intensity, which you wouldn't want over running without intensity.

In my opinion it is not worth it to run focus oriented just to play with shield surge when it would be good so rarely when you could gain 30% healing not running it. I would rather go for Deva ( Or Striker which can go even with VI up and you get a bit more health in runes ).

I did all test in my house therefore could not have ressource probes running, but it wouldn't change anything for the SS build as it gives you 40focus more every 3S at best, and SS cost 137.

With a crit build, I could maintain 100% uptime armor coating still, and refresh protector everytime it wears off instantly, with over 30% crit I think fluidity is not a real issue, as medic you mostly heal of quick ticks anyways.

thought on this ?

Meowington
newb

Postby Meowington » Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:07 am

A few questions...

Does GA class set proc reboot amp?
Does overflow fusion rune proc reboot amp?
Does protective surge amp proc reboot amp?
Or am I looking at basically proccing reboot with triage/shield surge?

Thanks

Humak
Daman

Postby Humak » Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:38 pm

Meowington wrote:A few questions...

Does GA class set proc reboot amp?
Does overflow fusion rune proc reboot amp?
Does protective surge amp proc reboot amp?
Or am I looking at basically proccing reboot with triage/shield surge?

Thanks

Reboot works now on "Direct shield heals" Yea it is vague now.

Overflow does not proc reboot.
Protective surge does not proc reboot
The 4 piece GA set should not, 8 piece in theory would but also fairly worthless as time below 30% for people that are only receiving shield heals is almost nothing.

Reboot proc'ers
  • SS
  • Triage
  • Barrier
  • Innate with Hypercharge
  • Flash t8
Humak Daman - Medic
Humak Dawarrior
Humak DaEsper

Enigma Officer
Twitch

Humak
Daman

Postby Humak » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:26 pm

I have been able to test some builds now in raids. For my taste T8 emission, t8 mending, t4 flash and t4 ss seems to be the best build atm.

To run this build i needed to swap out the Intensity Concentration set for Focul Pool Resurgence. Net result was that even on hardmentors focus was no issue.

A side note on fusions, Virtuous Circle > Guardian Angel now. And Overflow is still far better then Exuberance.
Humak Daman - Medic
Humak Dawarrior
Humak DaEsper

Enigma Officer
Twitch

Nahbyr
newb

Postby Nahbyr » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:12 am

Hi
Just a quick heads up: The stats prioritizations don't match in the "General Advice / TLDR" section and the "Stat Prioritization" section.

Chronic Gamgi
newb

Postby Chronic Gamgi » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:40 pm

With the new focus changes today (12/9) do you still thinking going focus pool over intensity is best? Thanks :geek:

Humak
Daman

Postby Humak » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:38 am

Chronic Gamgi wrote:With the new focus changes today (12/9) do you still thinking going focus pool over intensity is best? Thanks :geek:

The key to focus vs intensity is geared towards hitting a point where you can spam and never have to worry about your focus. Yes with the new changes you should be able to trade some more intensity for focus pool / recovery, it is not going to be every piece but a few.
Humak Daman - Medic
Humak Dawarrior
Humak DaEsper

Enigma Officer
Twitch

Chronic Gamgi
newb

Postby Chronic Gamgi » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:32 am

Humak wrote:
Chronic Gamgi wrote:With the new focus changes today (12/9) do you still thinking going focus pool over intensity is best? Thanks :geek:

The key to focus vs intensity is geared towards hitting a point where you can spam and never have to worry about your focus. Yes with the new changes you should be able to trade some more intensity for focus pool / recovery, it is not going to be every piece but a few.

Thanks for advice! Progressing Avatus tonight so I can get some good testing in.

Update: Downed Avatus last night and got some good testing out of that. I seem to be above 30% focus way to much i felt so I would like to do a 3 Concen / 2 Resurge split and see the outcome.

Cirx
newb

Postby Cirx » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:10 pm

Thanks for the guide great help getting started, tho the links under the build section all seam to be dead, earlygame.net loads but not with the build :-)

An update would be great, but worked most of it out.
Thanks.

Humak
Daman

Postby Humak » Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:40 pm

Cirx wrote:Thanks for the guide great help getting started, tho the links under the build section all seam to be dead, earlygame.net loads but not with the build :-)

An update would be great, but worked most of it out.
Thanks.

corrected
Humak Daman - Medic
Humak Dawarrior
Humak DaEsper

Enigma Officer
Twitch

mjorg
newb

Postby mjorg » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:33 am

Specific Fight Build links seems to still be broken :(

Other then that, anything new on "Drop 7"?

Return to “Guides”