Medic Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Moderator: Mod

Humak
Daman

Medic Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby Humak » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:59 pm

Humaks Medic Healing Guide - Updated 11/1715
10/7 raid build updated, TL:DR updated, rune builds to follow tomorrow.

Table of Contents

General Advice / TL DR
DROP 6 Updates, Whats New
Builds
Stat Prioritization
Rune Sets
Fusions
Ability Overview
Amp Overview
FAQ

General Advice / TLDR
This section is for all the TLDR people if all you want is my personal pointers and tips here you go.

• Always default to casting Emission. SPAM IT MORE!
  • Medics have shit healing range Urgency should NEVER leave your LAS.
  • Stat focus: Multi-Hit > Focus regen> Crit > Intensity

Amps
  • God Tier - Transfuse, Armor Coating, Protective Surge
  • Great Tier- Surgical, Hypercharge
  • Good Tier - Reboot

Abilities
  • God Tier - T8 Emission, Urgency
  • Great Tier - T8 Mending Probes
  • Good Tier - T4 Flash, T4 Shield Surge, Base Triage

Rune Sets
  • God Tier - Resource Probes (4P & 8P)
  • Great Tier - Cynosure (6P), Concentration (2p), Resurgence (2P)
  • Good Tier - Greater Aegis (4p)
  • Shit Tier - Curator, Greater Aegis (8p)

Fusions
  • God Tier - Guardian Angel (chest), Overflow (Weapon)
  • Great Tier - Quick Feet (feet), Protector / Disabler(hands),
  • Good Tier - Virtuous Circle (chest), Heavenly Echoes / Harmony (head)

DROP 6 Updates, Whats New
As of drop 6 medics are in an odd place. With the new shield system in place and the overflow fusion, shield surge and is less of a bread and butter heal for medics. In contracts to that emission has all new synergies with T8 Empowering Probes + protective surge amp + overflow fusion emission is substantially stronger. Medics will now likely see ~50-60% of their healing be attributed to emission / an emission proc.

Builds
Fresh 50, Dungeon Interrupts + Party Buffs
This build is great for trash where interrupts and party dps help make the run go substantially faster. If you notice you are having issues with focus drop the critical priority amp and assault tree amps and pick up shield cap and Attrition.

Fresh 50, Dungeon Greedy HPS
Great build if you need the HPS throughput, great on bosses! If you notice you are having issues with focus drop the critical priority amp and assault tree amps and pick up shield cap and Attrition.

Fresh 50 Raid Build
Great general purpose raid build

10/7 Raid Build
Medic's LAS as of drop 6 is very bland 3 T8's for just about everything.

Specific Fight Builds -WIP-
► Show Spoiler

Stat Prioritization
Multi-Hit > Intensity > FR/s > Crit-Hit> Crit-Severity
► Show Spoiler

Runes Sets
► Show Spoiler

Fusions
Fusion Runes are a new addition to Wildstar and provide Specials while functioning similarly to Omni-slots. Fusion runes can go into any slot which is quite nice with the way rerolling rune slots now works. These runes are also gear specific meaning that they only can go into the piece listed. Those slots are Weapon, Head, Chest, Hands, and Feet.

*The best fusion rune for its particular slot
**Differentiating the bonus per ilevel. 80/100/120
► Show Spoiler

Sample Rune Builds

No Exceptional fresh 50 runes

Exceptional with no class runes

With Class Runes (4/8 Greater Aegis, 8/8 Resource Probes)
Humak Daman - Medic
Humak Dawarrior
Humak DaEsper

Enigma Officer
Twitch

Humak
Daman

Re: Medic Healing Guide

Postby Humak » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:13 am

Ability Overview
► Show Spoiler

Amp Overview
► Show Spoiler

FAQ
Humak Daman - Medic
Humak Dawarrior
Humak DaEsper

Enigma Officer
Twitch

Humak
Daman

Postby Humak » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:13 am

Reserved...
Humak Daman - Medic
Humak Dawarrior
Humak DaEsper

Enigma Officer
Twitch

sandsou
newb

Postby sandsou » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:30 am

Very well written guide, thanks for sharing the tips~

Humak
Daman

Postby Humak » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:59 am

raduateNinja from Reddit wrote:Rejuvenator as a medic healing ability seems... an odd choice. I would think it to be way too static of an ability to find too much use (especially going all the way to T8). I see how it can be a good raid-heal, but I would think that Espers and Spellslingers would be better raid-healers and that the medic should be just focusing on the tank(s).

Rejuvenator being static is generally not an issue even in Datascape. Most fights you should be able to hit most / all the raid with it. Once you train you dps to find and stand in it, it works quite well.

It's uncapped target limit makes it very useful in raids. Back when 40 man was a thing it was the single most broken healing skill in the game. Now that raid size is capped at 20 it is less broken, it has also had some tuning since drop 3 to bring it back to the fold.

Yes medics are the best tank healers, but what all do you need in your tank healing LAS, Emission T8, SS Base, Mending T8, dual shock, urgency (never leaves my las) and field probes. That leaves you with 2 LAS slots and 16 ability points to play with. Crisis wave is crap and should not be in a tank healing LAS you have emission and dual shock for health, Triage has to long a cooldown and is too shield heavy, Barrier just like triage has too long a cooldown and is shield heavy, Flash sucks for healing single targets. So you you have room for rejuv + flash / emp probes when healing tanks. And with the way Rejuvenator works its very easy to drop a rejuv on the dps and keep healing the tank(s).

Fun link to Illustrate the power of Rejuvenator on a 20 man raid, Pulled a mini in the firewing with just enough DPS to kill it after ~ 10 seconds of everyone being at 100% witrh the fire debuff and healed through it with 3 healers, one of each class.
Humak Daman - Medic
Humak Dawarrior
Humak DaEsper

Enigma Officer
Twitch

Humak
Daman

Re: Medic Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby Humak » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:24 pm

Updated for Drop 6
Humak Daman - Medic
Humak Dawarrior
Humak DaEsper

Enigma Officer
Twitch

Humak
Daman

Postby Humak » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:57 pm

Amps, Abilities and a non exceptional rune build will all be updated over the weekend.
Humak Daman - Medic
Humak Dawarrior
Humak DaEsper

Enigma Officer
Twitch

HollowDean
newb

Postby HollowDean » Sat Oct 03, 2015 7:01 am

Hey! First off, thank you for this guide! :)
I'm new player and I wanted to play Medic as healer. I have one problem thou. My focus runs out pretty quick. Any advice on how to keep it sustained until I learn how to properly play? I'm lvl 15.

Humak
Daman

Postby Humak » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:59 am

HollowDean wrote:Hey! First off, thank you for this guide! :)
I'm new player and I wanted to play Medic as healer. I have one problem thou. My focus runs out pretty quick. Any advice on how to keep it sustained until I learn how to properly play? I'm lvl 15.

for the most part i would highly recommend leveling as DPS. once you hit 25 and have access to the T4's you will run T4+ emission and all your focus problems will become a thing of the past.
Humak Daman - Medic
Humak Dawarrior
Humak DaEsper

Enigma Officer
Twitch

HollowDean
newb

Postby HollowDean » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:09 pm

ok, will do that, ty :D

Pantero44
newb

Postby Pantero44 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:16 pm

AWESOME Guide you have managed to maintain! KUDOS!

I've come back to the game from a yr&some off, also being out of the loop for a bit, and have been shuffling around looking for insight of what's new and relative to what's happening now with abilities and stats. I could definitely say you've brought me back to the swing of things. Thank you!

The one thing I was curious about, due to the class stat changes, and mulling over some of the soft/hard-caps on stats of other DPS classes, I was curious if they are also translating, as the same, for the Support Role? Can you lay some of those % caps out for the Healers, for MH, STR and the etc., when you get a chance? It would be MOST appreciated, to be include with this Guide!

MUCH THANKS IN ADVANCE! .. :)
Intel Core i7-4790k@4.6GHz / EVGA GTX 980ti / ASUS Maximus VII FORMULA / G.SKILL TridentX Series DDR3-2400CL10D / SAMSUNG 840 PRO Series 256GB/SAMSUNG 850 EVO 1TB/ XSPC RayStorm D5 Photon AX360 / EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W G2 / LG 34UM95@3440x1440p / Windows 10

CK Jester
100 posts wooo

Postby CK Jester » Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:47 pm

Pantero44
newb

Postby Pantero44 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:08 pm

Thank you BIG TIME for the link. It's JUST what I needed!...:)
Intel Core i7-4790k@4.6GHz / EVGA GTX 980ti / ASUS Maximus VII FORMULA / G.SKILL TridentX Series DDR3-2400CL10D / SAMSUNG 840 PRO Series 256GB/SAMSUNG 850 EVO 1TB/ XSPC RayStorm D5 Photon AX360 / EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W G2 / LG 34UM95@3440x1440p / Windows 10

Attackroot
newb

Postby Attackroot » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:24 pm

Hey there, I'm going through your guide here and i have some questions for u.

1. I looked at your 'Fresh 50 rune set up" and was wondering what was the gear set up u did this rune set up with and could u show a link to the gear and stats.
2. Also i have some questions regarding the focus pool u currently have in game with your rune set up.
3. I'm noticing I'm starving for focus threw boss fights and such by doing the Fresh 50 runes as it was all i could afford atm. my current gear is mostly 100/96 with 1 116 item and 2 items 90 (off pieces) don't have a DS kill on medic yet. current stats are: MHC - 39.66%..... CHC 11.69% .... FRR 1.5% ... FP - 1250 .... Int - 3.91%.... it seems like my focus pool is way low as i run out of focus on every fight i know we spam Emissions but it seem like if u need to throw a shield surge and maybe another Focus cost ability like Mending probes and a big hit comes out and u flash to detonate the probes there goes all your focus if that big hit happens. and then your back to just emissions. and if another hit happens and u wont be able to heal to top off people. with are limited player count and range. Would it been better for me to get more of a focus pool at this time then 1250, by getting a different run set.
4. Also before Reloaded hit i messed around on PTR doing build with the top gear and class sets. i see where u put the DS 120 class set does this: Resource Probes - 4 piece only bounces 1 probe the probe that was on you so it's horrible. The 8 piece is great if you need focus... 4: When your Mending Probes or Protection Probes end, they will reapply to an ally within 15m.... 8: For each active Mending or Protection Probe, restore 4 focus every 2s.
I found that when i threw out mending probes with this class set up with the t4 bonus this wasn't the case. i threw mending probes it hit myself and 4 others. i stepped a away a little and watched it run off and bounce as well say. it bounces from those 4 people and hit the same 4 people. the next time it bounced it hit 3, then 2, then 1 before it stopped bouncing. did u find this as well because i tested this multiple times and had guildies make medics and test it as well to see if they got the same result with 4 people. and we all did. we also noticed the fewer people the initial mending probes hit the less it would bounce. say u hit your self and 3 others it would do on bounce 3, 2, then 1.

Also would like to add i have been playing since close beta and have always loved the medic heals, just never had time due to work to do hardcore raiding and testing like i would of liked to :(
Thanks for taking the time to read this. sorry for any typos and i hoe y'all have a nice day/night and enjoy the Nexus. :D

Humak
Daman

Postby Humak » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:42 pm

Attackroot wrote:Hey there, I'm going through your guide here and i have some questions for u.

1. I looked at your 'Fresh 50 rune set up" and was wondering what was the gear set up u did this rune set up with and could u show a link to the gear and stats.
2. Also i have some questions regarding the focus pool u currently have in game with your rune set up.
3. I'm noticing I'm starving for focus threw boss fights and such by doing the Fresh 50 runes as it was all i could afford atm. my current gear is mostly 100/96 with 1 116 item and 2 items 90 (off pieces) don't have a DS kill on medic yet. current stats are: MHC - 39.66%..... CHC 11.69% .... FRR 1.5% ... FP - 1250 .... Int - 3.91%.... it seems like my focus pool is way low as i run out of focus on every fight i know we spam Emissions but it seem like if u need to throw a shield surge and maybe another Focus cost ability like Mending probes and a big hit comes out and u flash to detonate the probes there goes all your focus if that big hit happens. and then your back to just emissions. and if another hit happens and u wont be able to heal to top off people. with are limited player count and range. Would it been better for me to get more of a focus pool at this time then 1250, by getting a different run set.
4. Also before Reloaded hit i messed around on PTR doing build with the top gear and class sets. i see where u put the DS 120 class set does this: Resource Probes - 4 piece only bounces 1 probe the probe that was on you so it's horrible. The 8 piece is great if you need focus... 4: When your Mending Probes or Protection Probes end, they will reapply to an ally within 15m.... 8: For each active Mending or Protection Probe, restore 4 focus every 2s.
I found that when i threw out mending probes with this class set up with the t4 bonus this wasn't the case. i threw mending probes it hit myself and 4 others. i stepped a away a little and watched it run off and bounce as well say. it bounces from those 4 people and hit the same 4 people. the next time it bounced it hit 3, then 2, then 1 before it stopped bouncing. did u find this as well because i tested this multiple times and had guildies make medics and test it as well to see if they got the same result with 4 people. and we all did. we also noticed the fewer people the initial mending probes hit the less it would bounce. say u hit your self and 3 others it would do on bounce 3, 2, then 1.

Also would like to add i have been playing since close beta and have always loved the medic heals, just never had time due to work to do hardcore raiding and testing like i would of liked to :(
Thanks for taking the time to read this. sorry for any typos and i hoe y'all have a nice day/night and enjoy the Nexus. :D

I'll be honest i have no idea what fresh 50 gear looks like anymore it's been a LONG time since i was a fresh 50 medic. That being said.
Medics are in a shit place atm. Shield surge is currently ass. A medic can maintain amazing through put with just emission spam with protective surge(mending base through T3), overflow, emp probes t8, and field probes. They synergize and work together. Honestly with just emission spam medics can maintain amazing throughput.

4. Resource Probes is all kinda of messed up atm. The 4 piece has no consistency to the bouncing and the 8piece has bugs that give ou permenent stack of focus recovery tell death. This has been updated serveral times since ptr and the current state is a hot mess.
Humak Daman - Medic
Humak Dawarrior
Humak DaEsper

Enigma Officer
Twitch

Suspicious Sock
newb

Postby Suspicious Sock » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:23 am

Hey there,

Cheers for the guide. Helps a lot when you're a starter nab like me :p

Just a question, l stumbled upon a Superb Fusion Rune: Exuberance today and was wondering why you didn't even mention it. At least it SEEMS to be good for a medic, not that l would have any clue. but extra heal on multi-hit would appear to be the ideal concept. Would love to know why it isn't an option :)

Thanks in advance!

Humak
Daman

Postby Humak » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:02 pm

Suspicious Sock wrote:Hey there,

Cheers for the guide. Helps a lot when you're a starter nab like me :p

Just a question, l stumbled upon a Superb Fusion Rune: Exuberance today and was wondering why you didn't even mention it. At least it SEEMS to be good for a medic, not that l would have any clue. but extra heal on multi-hit would appear to be the ideal concept. Would love to know why it isn't an option :)

Thanks in advance!

The fusions have a spoiler

Exuberance - When your direct heals Multi-Hit, restore an additional 765/849/1123** health to the target and 20 allies within 10m. Can only occur every 2.5s.
On the surface this special seems really good but in practice it quite often results in more overhealing. On top of that, 10 meters is not a very larger space within the realm of Wildstar raid fights. This Special will be most useful when your group is running multiple medic healers or your current throughput isn’t enough to get people at full health.

Its better now in comparison to overflow but still the overall raid healing tends to be weighted heavily to health.
Humak Daman - Medic
Humak Dawarrior
Humak DaEsper

Enigma Officer
Twitch

Suspicious Sock
newb

Postby Suspicious Sock » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:55 am

Oh damn, l'm blind. Checked the Fusions at first, went with Overflow and then completely forgot about Exuberance being on the list when l asked the question. Silly me.

Thanks a lot for the reply anyway!

Step
newb

Postby Step » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:18 am

Hey Humak! In my guild we've got a small issue atm, i'm the healing officer and playing a medic, our two best healers also play medic.. That's the problem yea, we have a bunch of medics but no other healers. Can it still be viable?

Another question, is intensity worse now that they have nerfed Emission-healing? I've runed focus pool instead of intensity with concentration set.

Humak
Daman

Postby Humak » Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:07 pm

Step wrote:Hey Humak! In my guild we've got a small issue atm, i'm the healing officer and playing a medic, our two best healers also play medic.. That's the problem yea, we have a bunch of medics but no other healers. Can it still be viable?

Another question, is intensity worse now that they have nerfed Emission-healing? I've runed focus pool instead of intensity with concentration set.

can 3 medics be viable in raids for healing in ds? Eh viable yes, optimal no. Medics are currently the worst overall healer of the bunch. Medics also stack poorly so for 3 medics you are equivalently only running ~ 2 healers so you will find a need to add extra healers to fights to compensate. I'd greatly encourage 1 or 2 of the medics consider rolling a esper / ss alt and transitioning to it.

As for intensity, it's still fairly strong on medics as emission is still free at sub 250 so medics never truly run out of focus. Our 8 piece DS set is also incredibly bugged atm and can stack up to 99 over the course of a fight or 2. If you are finding that you have focus problems you can indeed lean away from intensity into more recovery.
Humak Daman - Medic
Humak Dawarrior
Humak DaEsper

Enigma Officer
Twitch

Cavello
newb

Postby Cavello » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:42 am

GAME UPDATE NOTES - 4 NOVEMBER 2015

Overflow: Reduced healing to 11.25 IB + 11.25% SP, down from 18.75 IB + 18.75% SP.
Guardian Angel: Reduced healing to 8.567 IB + 8.567% SP, down from 19.15 IB + 32.5% SP. Target count is now capped at 5.

Damage and Healing from Fusion runes should no longer Critically Hit or Multi-Hit.

wow.....
seems like carbine hates medics....

funkyplum
newb

Postby funkyplum » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:12 pm

Hello buddy.
1st to say I use your guide as a bible and I have only one question. Geared up in dungeons to the full with some lev 100 items from contracts. Question is: Should I rune up the best ones 120 on that gear or to go 80 or 100?
Thanks in advance

Plum

Cavello
newb

Postby Cavello » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:23 pm

u need ilvl 110+ gear for the divine runes ;)

Humak
Daman

Postby Humak » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:54 pm

Cavello wrote:GAME UPDATE NOTES - 4 NOVEMBER 2015

Overflow: Reduced healing to 11.25 IB + 11.25% SP, down from 18.75 IB + 18.75% SP.
Guardian Angel: Reduced healing to 8.567 IB + 8.567% SP, down from 19.15 IB + 32.5% SP. Target count is now capped at 5.

Damage and Healing from Fusion runes should no longer Critically Hit or Multi-Hit.

wow.....
seems like carbine hates medics....

overflow and guardian both need a nerf. GA seems to have been nerfed a bit too hard. I will have an update to the guide for new changes as soon as i can get some testing in place. We might have some major updates to class next week as well that will include all new LAS's and an update to runeing.

Keep in mind that overflow and GA where both used across all the healers due to their OP'ness this by no means was targeted directly at medics.

funkyplum wrote:Hello buddy.
1st to say I use your guide as a bible and I have only one question. Geared up in dungeons to the full with some lev 100 items from contracts. Question is: Should I rune up the best ones 120 on that gear or to go 80 or 100?
Thanks in advance
Plum

I lack a little experience in the gearing vets -> ga as i never got to do it with the new system. For the most part i wouldn't worry about exceptions until you start getting gear you expect to have for a while, be that GA / DS. Rune'ing will get a lot cheaper new patch (Tuesday 11/10).

Cavello wrote:u need ilvl 110+ gear for the divine runes ;)

I'll try to work something up on this sometime later next week after additional changes have dropped.
Humak Daman - Medic
Humak Dawarrior
Humak DaEsper

Enigma Officer
Twitch

funkyplum
newb

Postby funkyplum » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:48 am

Thanks a lot for the info and tips, looking forward for your next update.

All the best

Plum

Return to “Guides”