Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Moderator: Mod

User avatar
CK Jester
100 posts wooo
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby CK Jester » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:23 pm

Bradev wrote:First, thanks for the great guide CK. Do you mind explaining your method for testing various builds? Do you just use the combat log? The raid dummy makes it very easy to visualize changes in DPS builds but when I want to try a new healing build I don't know where to start.


sure!

i do quite a bit of testing with combat log turned on, it will show overhealing and its a great way to get quick number references if you want to see if an ability is working properly but dont want to enter combat to push a log.

healing is similar to dps in that our builds change with the encounter, dps have single vs multi target. we have tank vs raid, spread vs stacked, etc. unlike dps its pretty easy for us to tell which spells are better for each situation than a dps. dps require you to parse different builds because of rotation changes. while i can say without much thought that voidspring is good on frost boulder avalanche mini.

when it comes down to which will perform better i look at logs. i look at a lot of logs. a neat function is the "raw healing" option. seeing what healing is overheal and wasted is important. then you check damage taken, align it with healing output and you get a great indicator not only of your personal performance but what is doing the heavy lifting for your healing. also important to note your location because you cant heal what you cant reach boss fights like to have raid splits.

for the most part we check logs like dps do but we have to account for more factors affecting our healing. you cant get a high hps parse unless your raid takes a high amount of damage or you are quicker on the healing draw than your other healers. the best way to test new builds is trial and error but if you don't understand how damage is dealt in the encounter you are testing it the info/parse is worthless.

Bradev
newb
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:01 pm

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby Bradev » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:38 pm

Thanks so much for the detailed reply. I do run WildstarLogs and check my performance against it but since you posted your update in the middle of the day I thought you might have worked out a system for doing out of combat testing. I appreciate the time you put into the reply and I'll have to step up my WildstarLogs game.

User avatar
Velzanna
that guy
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:12 pm

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby Velzanna » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:40 pm

CK Jester wrote:are you above 35% focus at the end of each boss encounter? if yes you are fine to take life force. note if you take life force and notice you are below 30% focus during a fight you should not use life force. it is only useful if the intensity part is active, so above 30%.

No, I'm generally floating at 80-90% most of the time, maybe 70% at SD.

Do you think we should stack up a bit intensity? Just to counterbalance what they did to VBurst?

User avatar
CK Jester
100 posts wooo
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby CK Jester » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:47 pm

Velzanna wrote:
CK Jester wrote:are you above 35% focus at the end of each boss encounter? if yes you are fine to take life force. note if you take life force and notice you are below 30% focus during a fight you should not use life force. it is only useful if the intensity part is active, so above 30%.

No, I'm generally floating at 80-90% most of the time, maybe 70% at SD.

Do you think we should stack up a bit intensity? Just to counterbalance what they did to VBurst?


your rune setup should be based on the lowest common denominator of boss fights. find the most healing intensive fight and build your runes to handle it. unless you are super rich and have 2 full healing sets then you can do a set for low focus and high focus. but make sure you actually need the extra healing. no point sacking your focus recovery if you have no output problems, which you shouldn't because every boss either one shots or tickles.

User avatar
Velzanna
that guy
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:12 pm

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby Velzanna » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:49 pm

Well, I don't have DS weapon, because it's a myth... So I could definetly could use some more output. I'll play around a bit. Maybe even have 2 intensities in the class set.

idiom444
newb
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:42 pm

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby idiom444 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:43 pm

With the new changes to VB should we still be using it on C1 or would it be more efficient to charge it now?

User avatar
CK Jester
100 posts wooo
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby CK Jester » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:22 am

idiom444 wrote:With the new changes to VB should we still be using it on C1 or would it be more efficient to charge it now?

Don't charge it

FeistyFeet
newb
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:39 am

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby FeistyFeet » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:44 am

Hi there!
First, a massive thank you for the time and effort you put into helping all of us!!! My question for you is....
I am ilvl 90 right now, sitting at
1.6 focus pool
1.5 Frr
38% multi hit
14.2% crit

Should I be looking to get higher multi right now or what? I'm the main raid healer for my guilds GA runs. I don't seem to run out of focus, but sometimes I feel like my heals need more BLAM, but not sure if this is related to ilvl or multi hit or what?
Any tips would be appreciated!

User avatar
CK Jester
100 posts wooo
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby CK Jester » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:01 pm

FeistyFeet wrote:Hi there!
First, a massive thank you for the time and effort you put into helping all of us!!! My question for you is....
I am ilvl 90 right now, sitting at
1.6 focus pool
1.5 Frr
38% multi hit
14.2% crit

Should I be looking to get higher multi right now or what? I'm the main raid healer for my guilds GA runs. I don't seem to run out of focus, but sometimes I feel like my heals need more BLAM, but not sure if this is related to ilvl or multi hit or what?
Any tips would be appreciated!


you are sitting pretty atm. if you want more "BLAM" you need more support power tbh. highest contributor is the weapon so if you can try and get that first. if you are fine on focus you can take more multi-hit but you shouldnt build out of the core 6/6 cynosure (2 multi, 1 FRR) if you want to tweak it do it with the final slot, focus pool for more endurance and mulit for more POW! i believe the provoker tank set has a multi-hit rune and a 2/6 set bonus of multi. so that is your best bet.

also you can try Regen Pulse for more pizzazz if you arnt already.

thank you for taking the time to read my guide, im glad it has helped!

FeistyFeet
newb
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:39 am

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby FeistyFeet » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi CK Jester!
Thank you, I will give those tips a shot, I'm using the imbued 88 weapon atm, will have to try and find the next upgrade. I feel so specials you responded to me! thank you thank you.

Sleven
that guy
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:26 am

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby Sleven » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:21 pm

Not a healing question but it's about your Rune Planner...
-On the Output Calc I think you are using non DR'd values in your calculations for the New Output [VS Target]. As you are taking values from column BC which aren't DR'd (except the strikethrough is converted to armor piece). (though I don't really understand exactly whats going on in that formula)
- Could also use Piercing Shots under AMPS for SS.
- What is the target armor of Avatus?

User avatar
CK Jester
100 posts wooo
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby CK Jester » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:05 pm

Sleven wrote:Not a healing question but it's about your Rune Planner...
-On the Output Calc I think you are using non DR'd values in your calculations for the New Output [VS Target]. As you are taking values from column BC which aren't DR'd (except the strikethrough is converted to armor piece). (though I don't really understand exactly whats going on in that formula)
- Could also use Piercing Shots under AMPS for SS.
- What is the target armor of Avatus?


you can set if you want values to be DR'ed or not on row 6 on each. this was a feature i added to allow for more flexibility. you can set it so your assuming your entered values are Dr'ed or not Dr'ed and whether the values you want to use for output calculations are dr'ed or not Dr'ed. for instance if my character has 35% crit chance (Dr'ed in-game) then in i would set it so my entered values are Dr'ed and then i would set the output values to Dr'ed so that it maintains at 35%. if i were to set output to not Dr'ed it would show what an undered 35% would be (around 36-37%). by default i have the public sheet set to Dr'ed - Not Dr'ed you will need to switch this to Dr'ed - Dr'ed to get the results you want.

Im working on an updated sheet atm since there have been quite a few changes to amps/abilities/fusions/etc for now you can add any that arnt there as misc. bonuses on the right side under "custom values". I'm sorry i havent been updating it as often as i should.

Avatus's base armor is 50.05% here is an extremely helpful link for more numbers on boss/dummies https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/130968-target-dummies-and-you/

LMK if you have any more questions!

Sleven
that guy
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:26 am

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby Sleven » Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:55 pm

CK Jester wrote:
Sleven wrote:Not a healing question but it's about your Rune Planner...
for instance if my character has 35% crit chance (Dr'ed in-game) then in i would set it so my entered values are Dr'ed and then i would set the output values to Dr'ed so that it maintains at 35%.

Avatus's base armor is 50.05% here is an extremely helpful link for more numbers on boss/dummies https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/130968-target-dummies-and-you/


Thanks for the link! Yes I inputted my own data a little.

I see that with the DR but what I'm talking about (and maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole formula/values used) is
Formula Original New %Change
Output 135.86% 185.37% 36.44%
Output (Vs Target) 80.45% 128.31% 59.49%

When calculating the New value for Output (vs Target) cell AE23, it uses values from cell column BC which aren't DR'd
In this column STR is converted to armor pierce but none of the other stats are DR'd

EDIT Had to change the the drop down boxes.. The public version was set to calculate from Non Dr'd values

User avatar
CK Jester
100 posts wooo
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby CK Jester » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:43 pm

Sleven wrote:
CK Jester wrote:
Sleven wrote:Not a healing question but it's about your Rune Planner...
for instance if my character has 35% crit chance (Dr'ed in-game) then in i would set it so my entered values are Dr'ed and then i would set the output values to Dr'ed so that it maintains at 35%.

Avatus's base armor is 50.05% here is an extremely helpful link for more numbers on boss/dummies https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/130968-target-dummies-and-you/


Thanks for the link! Yes I inputted my own data a little.

I see that with the DR but what I'm talking about (and maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole formula/values used) is
Formula Original New %Change
Output 135.86% 185.37% 36.44%
Output (Vs Target) 80.45% 128.31% 59.49%

When calculating the New value for Output (vs Target) cell AE23, it uses values from cell column BC which aren't DR'd
In this column STR is converted to armor pierce but none of the other stats are DR'd

EDIT Had to change the the drop down boxes.. The public version was set to calculate from Non Dr'd values


BC has IF statments that hinge on the value of BD6, depending if you have it set to DR or not Dr'ed it will pick either from col BA or col BB. i have checked the public spreadsheet currently up and it is working as intended™

User avatar
Velzanna
that guy
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:12 pm

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby Velzanna » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:33 pm

Hey there CK. I've been tampering with my AMP lately (got my hands on the DS Class set, yay!), I was wondering if discarding Hypershield is possible? I mean, I'm a big fan of it, don't get me wrong, but with the amount of absorbs I can output now with the class set, it seems kind of irrelevant. I kept Fury because it's awesome, and discarded Hypershield and Fire Armor. Instead I took Augmented Armor and Urgency/Homeward Bound for progression. Do you feel like it's a viable design?

User avatar
CK Jester
100 posts wooo
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby CK Jester » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:26 pm

Velzanna wrote:Hey there CK. I've been tampering with my AMP lately (got my hands on the DS Class set, yay!), I was wondering if discarding Hypershield is possible? I mean, I'm a big fan of it, don't get me wrong, but with the amount of absorbs I can output now with the class set, it seems kind of irrelevant. I kept Fury because it's awesome, and discarded Hypershield and Fire Armor. Instead I took Augmented Armor and Urgency/Homeward Bound for progression. Do you feel like it's a viable design?


don't feel the trade from hyper shield to anything else is really worth it. you can pickup homeward w/o needing to drop hypershield too. you need to make sure you can still maintain 100% uptime on critical priority without hypershield too cause 6% crit is nice. we dont really have a problem with out per say just sustainability with out spam. id suggest speccing out of hypershield for gloomclaw/lattice but no reason anywhere else.

mjorg
newb
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:32 pm

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby mjorg » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:18 pm

Recently got my hands on some Pure Class Focus - Major. Is it worth using them on Surge Life or should I use it on an alt instead?

Also; What are our soft and hard caps?

Sleven
that guy
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:26 am

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby Sleven » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:59 pm

Under special bosses section
"Lattice is similar to Gloomclaw, except when healing the wall. make sure to not overheal. If the wall is close to max instead use vitality bursts over larger heals such as regen pulse and healing torrent."

You say like Regen pulse and healing torrent. Meanwhile healing torrent isn't even in the build linked nor the suggested ones for the final 3 slots. Instead you have T8 Astral

mist4lyf
newb
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:49 pm

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby mist4lyf » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:11 pm

Hey,

Current Stats Below:

(ilvl97 - GA geared - Mainly Pure and Superb runes)

Multi hit: 44%
Critical hit: 14.8%
Focus Pool: 1702
Focus Rr: 1.26%


Hey,

1. Is there a cap on multi hit?
2. If I do hit the cap later on, would you think the concentration set is viable for the extra intensity, pool and recovery rate?
3. If concentration set is not viable for the intensity stat boost, what do you recommend?
4. I have followed your raid build, choosing the one that specs into homeward bound. Since I am not speccing into critical hit, does Hyper shield even proc much?
5. I also am not using the 2 critical severities and Locked and Loaded AMPS so I assume it is even worse overall. Is there really nothing good other than speccing into Hyper Shield?

Aramunn
newb
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:03 pm

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby Aramunn » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:26 pm

mjorg wrote:Recently got my hands on some Pure Class Focus - Major. Is it worth using them on Surge Life or should I use it on an alt instead?

Also; What are our soft and hard caps?

The full 8/8 set is not worth it, but maybe if you only did 4/8 with CHC and MHC runes although the utility from that special would be hard to compare against the stats you're trading for it. Personally I'm considering doing this.

See CK's spreadsheet for stat caps: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P0f7OXSQI9syhff8G8Ig862rWDYJrk5i6T-k8LsUWKo/edit#gid=99053145

Sleven wrote:Under special bosses section
"Lattice is similar to Gloomclaw, except when healing the wall. make sure to not overheal. If the wall is close to max instead use vitality bursts over larger heals such as regen pulse and healing torrent."

You say like Regen pulse and healing torrent. Meanwhile healing torrent isn't even in the build linked nor the suggested ones for the final 3 slots. Instead you have T8 Astral

The linked Lattice build is identical to the Visceralus build. I'm guessing he accidentally linked the Visceralus build twice.

If you're looking for a Lattice build I use something like this: http://www.jabbithole.com/builder/spellslinger#n8s4O8u0r4I0F000
My Wall rotation: make sure Holy Roller is stacked; drop VS ~2-3s before damage starts; spam VB until wall starts to dip low; two RP's; VP; HT; a VB or two; RP twice again. There's probably better, but this is what I think gets the most health out in those 10s. The 4 RP's account for a ton of health.

EDIT: These are my opinions, not CK's. Just thought I'd weigh in on these posts as it seems CK's been MIA for a bit from this thread.
Last edited by Aramunn on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aramunn
newb
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:03 pm

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby Aramunn » Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:41 pm

What are your thoughts on the Eldan Gauntlets? 6/6 is BiS I assume, but what about 5/6? For DPS classes 5/6 is good in part because they can put their GA class set in the gloves to gain another set of divine. Also extra damage every 20 seconds or so is always good. Extra shield is worthless if the person who happens to get it doesn't need it. I'm assuming at this point 5/6 gauntlets is replaced by anything out of DS, but I'd like to get another opinion.

Thanks, Aramunn

User avatar
CK Jester
100 posts wooo
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby CK Jester » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:51 pm

@everyone:
Sorry ive been away for a while, but ill try and catch up as best i can. thank you so much for reading the guides and ill be glad to answer as many questions you have!

@mjorg:
► Show Spoiler


@sleven
► Show Spoiler


@mist4lyf
► Show Spoiler


@aramunn - Thank you for helping out!
► Show Spoiler


thank you once again for all your questions, ill make sure i check in at least once a day from now on.

Sleven
that guy
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:26 am

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby Sleven » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:14 pm

CK Jester wrote:3. If concentration set is not viable for the intensity stat boost, what do you recommend?
concentration set is the only set viable for an intensity build, ideally you would run 6/6 concentration and 2/6 pulse

You say 2/6 pulse set but the 2 piece bonus is only HP while the 3piece is MH. Striker would be the set to go for 2pt MH and 3pt is MH sev
Also in your rune setup you go all Resurgence. After you hit around 1900 focus pool would you then go to MH.

At what point do you stop going for MH and go to crit/ crit sev (max build)

User avatar
CK Jester
100 posts wooo
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby CK Jester » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:55 pm

you do 2/6 pulse cause you do intensity. its the only other rune set with intensity as a slottable stat, the 2p on any other set is worthless compared to just intensity for healing output but you normally have to pair it with focus regen that is why it isnt worth it for output, you remove focus as an issue and intensity is da best.

"At what point do you stop going for MH and go to crit/ crit sev (max build)"

so because focus is so dumb in this game when you stop is a large point of contention for healers it depends on the fight and what las you can run. ill give you an example.

fire/earth - super easy tank and spank fight really no outright instagib mechanics no kicks or cleanses needed. probably one of the easier pairs to heal and overall a pretty short fight sub 3min.

Logic/life - really intense healing fight (more so if you dont want to deal with mid phase) requires cleanse or a kick so you have a more limited LAS.

fire/earth you could run an intensity spec with above 10% easy and be fine because its so short and if you really wanted to you could use GF since you have really nothing else to put in 8th slot. any other heal will be very very minor survivability inc. but for logic/life gl running high intensity and youd be hard pressed to put gf on your bar so you rely heavily on your initial gear setup with runes.

what does this mean? well you can have multiple gear sets depending on healing intensity of a boss fight (future raid content min maxing) or you can play by the lowest common denominator and make sure you can heal life/logic and therefore everything else but at the cost of less output (but to the benefit of not needing separate sets or having to awkwardly squeeze gf in)

"but CK i was talking about MH and Crit not intensity"

well #1 reason you are running MH is because the rune set is better for Focus Recovery (you get to the FRR requirement quicker) once you hit that point where you can heal your heart out and still have focus left you can start putting into Crit over MH. Id slowly swap out some of the focus pools of resurgence for crits. but realize that it a slight optimization dont expect wild number differences. also what CRB decides can MH but cannot Crit matters because there are a lot of abilities that are restricted as such and it pushes healer/dps builds in favor of MH over crit sometimes not over the edge but it is a factor in theorycrafting to keep in mind. then you have to think of overhealing and % proc chance, its a whole thing...

TL;DR - meh 50%

Sleven
that guy
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:26 am

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby Sleven » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:36 pm

Thanks for this reply. I'm at the point where I'm almost all BiS and figuring out how to finish my gear/runes off. I heard 50% (as a rough spot) for MH too from other high end SS.
Ill play with the numbers (optimized spot for FRR and FP) and not worry so much about pieces with intensity on them, but still try and avoid them and crit sev.
hit 50% > MH
crit it up!

Also added to your spreadsheet a Gear page where it has drop down boxes for each gear slot. So you can select a piece gear and see how it effects the output on the calc page :)


Return to “Guides”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests