Esper DPS Guide [Drop 6]

Moderator: Mod

daruka
that guy

Esper DPS Guide [Drop 6]

Postby daruka » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:40 pm

Hello there!

You come here to learn a little bit about DPS Esper? Well you came to the right place. My name is Daruka and this is my Esper DPS guide. The main focus of this guide will be PvE and Raiding. If that sounds like your cup of tea then sit back and read up there’s a lot to learn!

If you’re interested in watching Live visit me at: twitch.tv/vindaruka

Link to the post on the official forums: https://forums.wildstar-online.com/foru ... dps-guide/
Feel free to post questions here or the official forums as I will be keeping with both threads.

What are Espers?
Espers are Masters of psionic illusion, using the power of their minds to conjure deadly apparitions and extrasensory weaponry! When it comes to mass butchery, it’s the thought that counts!

Basics
► Show Spoiler

Leveling
► Show Spoiler

Stats
► Show Spoiler

The Rotation
► Show Spoiler

Runes
► Show Spoiler

Builds

Raids

Amp Builds: These are the two main amp builds I am recommending depending on gear and stats. These are assuming you have full amp points.
► Show Spoiler

Ability Builds: Some of the builds recommend assuming you have full ability points.
► Show Spoiler

Non Raid Builds
► Show Spoiler

Abilities

Freeform: Any castable ability that has a telegraph and can be aimed by the player.
Mobile: Can be cast while moving.
Self: Casts a spell on yourself, can also cast an AOE effect or summons pets.
Stationary: Cannot be cast while moving.

Innate:
Your special “R” button ability
Spectral Form: Instant, self, 30 second cooldown.
Grants absorb shield and generates 1 psi point every 1 second for 5 seconds. Additionally grants 1 interrupt armor for 5 seconds.

When questing the shield can provide good amount of mitigation and helps you kill mobs faster. Combined with other abilities like crush and restraint it can make solo questing much more survivable and easy.

In a raid setting Spectral form is a psi point generator and should be used on cooldown to generate as many psi points as possible. It should not be really used defensively for the shield or interrupt armor because it will not offset the DPS loss due to lack of psi point generation.
    If you are speced with the amp Not Snackworthy activating Spectral form will grant an empower that will increase your assault power by 10% for 5 seconds.

Assault abilities
► Show Spoiler

Support abilities
► Show Spoiler

Utility Abilities
► Show Spoiler

Amps

Tier 1 amps
► Show Spoiler

Tier 2 amps
► Show Spoiler

Tier 3 amps
► Show Spoiler

Amp and Ability Points

When you hit level 50 you have a base amount of amp and ability points. 47 Amp points and 41 Ability points.
You can have a maximum of 57 Amp points and 48 Ability points.

Right now it is easier than ever to gain these points to make your character even stronger.
There are multiple ways to gain these points, such as dungeons, adventures, reputation, PvE renown and PvP prestige.
They also have a chance to drop from mobs and even raid bosses.
What are you waiting for and get them points maxed out!

Ability comparisons

Telekinetic strike Vs. Psychic Frenzy

These are our Two main builders. One ranged and one melee. they are similar in damage when compared directly with each other. Frenzy starts to take the lead when being buffed with Illusionary blades and really goes well with our fiendish class set. It is also worth noting that since Frenzy hits more often than it is much better for on proc items such as our fusion runes and set bonuses.

Telekinetic Storm Vs. Mind Burst Vs. Blade dance

Telekinetic storm is still a strong finisher due to the armor pierce and general damage output along with the much needed deflect debuff. Mind Burst does have its place though in heavy cleave and burst fights. Blade Dance has been buffed and is even better with Illusionary blades the two second channel makes it very clunky to run in a rotation but is currently our top DPS finisher if you have another Esper in raid to run the storm debuff.

Haunt Vs. Spectral Swarm Vs. Concentrated blades Vs. Illusionary blades

Haunt is always just a solid psi point builder and debuff and is generally good to be using even at base. Swarm is always good to have at base but really lacks the damage to take at tier 8. Concentrated Blades T8 adds a lot of psi points which can add more finishers but doesn't give quite enough to make it compete. Ilusionary blades was completely revamp for drop 6 and does good damage at tier 8. It is the main ability that makes the melee build work and adds complexity to the Esper rotation.

Positioning

The buff from the amp Tactician. Limiting your movement to keep your buffs up and staying within range of group buffs can be very challenging. You should always be thinking two steps ahead of where you are at and where you will need to be to keep up your damage.

Combat options

Hold to continue casting
This option will allow you to continually cast a spell if the button is held down. This can decrease the gap between spell casts and increase your up time.

Ability queing

This allows us to do a technique known as rollover. If you accidentally hit 5 Psi Points and are already casting another Telekinetic strike you can hold your finisher button down to que it and as soon as the strike finishes it will cast your finisher before the strike hits the target so you will hit with a 5 point finisher and have the Psi Point from the strike you just cast count on your next rotation cycle.

Double tap to dash

If you have not already, I recommend rebinding your dash ability to another key. While you can play with the double tap on, I have seen on many occasions where you accidentally dash when you didn’t mean to and get yourself killed.

Addons
► Show Spoiler

Wildstar Logs

http://www.wildstarlogs.com/

This site is the single best site used to log your damage. It works much like your DPS Meter but records everything in much more detail. If your guild does not use Wildstar logs to record your guild logs I highly recommend you start.
The big thing to look at when comparing your logs to other Espers is not the damage they are doing but how many casts of the various abilities they are making compared to yours.
Last edited by daruka on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:29 am, edited 74 times in total.

daruka
that guy

Re: Esper DPS Guide

Postby daruka » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:42 pm

My UI with LUI Auras active:

UI scaling differences:
If you use my auras and find they are a bit larger than they look in the screen shot, I have a different UI scale setup. If you are using a 1920x1080 resolution monitor you can downscale your UI from 1.0 to 0.75 to get the same portions as what I have.

LUI Aura Codes

How to import the codes: Open show spoiler button copy the text to your clipboard and ingame hit the import button and you are done.

Illusionary Blades:
► Show Spoiler

Psi Point tracker:
► Show Spoiler

Haunt:
► Show Spoiler

Concentrated Blade:
► Show Spoiler

Spectral Swarm:
► Show Spoiler

Reap:
► Show Spoiler

Spectral Form:
► Show Spoiler

Psi Charges:
► Show Spoiler

Gadget and Spectral form Cooldowns:
► Show Spoiler

Mental Overflow stacks:
► Show Spoiler

Bamors Psi Point counter:
Last edited by daruka on Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:29 pm, edited 12 times in total.

daruka
that guy

Postby daruka » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:42 pm

Change log:

Addons section updated 10-11-2015
LUI Auras Added 10-11-2015
Updated Builds with Blade Dance Fix. 10-23-2015
Updated LUI Auras to work with newest release 10-23-2015
Updated Builds and stats 6-8-2016
Last edited by daruka on Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:19 am, edited 4 times in total.

TheClownKing
newb

Postby TheClownKing » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:37 am

Build links are broken.

daruka
that guy

Postby daruka » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:16 pm

Build links are fixed now

Ara
newb

Re: Esper DPS Guide [Drop 5]

Postby Ara » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:10 am

Waiting for drop 6 guide Daruka !! :)

sebasso_fox
newb

Re: Esper DPS Guide [Drop 5]

Postby sebasso_fox » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:35 am

Same, i waiting for drop 6 guide ^^

daruka
that guy

Re: Esper DPS Guide [Drop 6]

Postby daruka » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:06 am

Updated guide for Drop 6

sebasso_fox
newb

Postby sebasso_fox » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:16 am

Thanks You Daruka !

Moshcrates
newb

Postby Moshcrates » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:19 am

Thank you for updating the guide! Been looking forward to reading it.

I was wondering which camp you would come out in CritSev or Vigor after the crit hit soft cap.
It appears you went with the crit sev priority. Did you see a significant increase vs vigor build?
"vigor build" having a priority of something like STK (to threshold) > Crit (<22%/24%) > Vigor (<30%) > Crit Sev (<250%)
I am using that now to test (no raid testing yet just dungeons and dummies).
I have my rune set priority swapped (onslaught most pieces for vigor, dev to fill in) and am using True Stike, Flurry (which I Was thinking of dropping for Full Strength if I Can hit 24% crit with the dev runes), Untouchable, and Siphon.
I was thinking that setup might make for some more interesting game play with pre casting PA, monitoring health, moving early to avoid things (as should always be done, but more crucial now), using SF as an absorb primarily, etc.
Unfortunately it's impossible to get a good test set from the dummy, as the vigor will make your dps meters look OP af.

Assuming you have tried both builds and considered the vigor priority, do you think this setup would be anywhere close to that of the priority you suggest? Assuming perfect mechanics and a relatively low amount of damage taken during a fight.

Also I am happy to see your suggestion for TkS vs PF. Though you provide both. Esper melee just feels weird to me. Range esper ftw!

Currently I Am not using any of the class sets as we have not been into raid to grab any, but I am wondering your thoughts on the early talk of "needing" to take T8 CB for fiendish. I never got around to testing that on the PTR before the launch and obviously I can't now. It seems like the CDs should work out to where you only need two charges cast after the finishers to keep it up, but wanted to confirm that you weren't changing to T8 CB with fiendish.

Thanks again for the great work!

ryan
newb

Postby ryan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:28 pm

Spec into crit sev > crit?

Don't you need crit in general for crit sev?

Nevermind, I get it now. Thanks

aggressiveturtle
newb

Postby aggressiveturtle » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:23 pm

Just wondering why we go for crit severity over vigor, thanks in advance!

daruka
that guy

Postby daruka » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:01 am

I did testing on many different stat setups and found that the builds that focused on critical hit severity consistently were higher on test parses. Which is why i went for crit sev>vigor> multi-hit.

The set bonuses for fiendish were changed.

4 set: Fiendish: Upon generating a Psi point, gain an empower for 3 seconds.
Empower: Increases magic damage dealt by 1% per stack. stacks 5 times.

8 set: Fiendish: At 3 or more stacks of findish, your Telekinetic Strike and Psychic Frenzy deal an additional 771 magic damage to foes.

Bamor
that guy

Postby Bamor » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:54 pm

Not sure if you want to add this Daruka or if anyone else is interested but i made Special Esper Psy Point Aura using LUI AURA http://www.curse.com/ws-addons/wildstar/232929-lui-aurafor Dcarter.

Make a new group and import these http://pastebin.com/bNHv7pnb

Preview:

Telvan
newb

Postby Telvan » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:59 pm

How does the skullcano rune compare to the venom rune? Is it better until i get divine venom?

daruka
that guy

Postby daruka » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:46 pm

The word on the street is it is higher damage but has more RNG involved to be higher. I have not been able to get one to test however.

Curtsey
newb

Postby Curtsey » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:39 pm

Hi, first of all just wanted to say thank you for this guide, it has been quite helpful, I just have a couple questions that I would love if anyone in this thread could clear up for me.

I am quite familiar with the concept with a priority rotation, is all of the rotation list listed in clear order of importance?

If so, does that mean we always cast Haunt/Reap/Spectral Swarm on CD even if it means we're at full psi points and will eat up a build up charge? Or does this fall into a sort of sub-priority where we dump our points no matter what to not waste the build up of the other abilities?

I hope I explained my question clearly, and I thank anyone for any answers they may have.

daruka
that guy

Postby daruka » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:41 am

The priority that i posted is pretty close to ideal although haunt at T8 is probably more important to keep cast on cooldown because its cast can be affected by the 1 second GCD of your finisher. Also Haunt T4 gives a 6% damage increase for 5 seconds, so the better uptime is more damage. But those 3 abilities should generally always be kept on cooldown as much as possible.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by build up charge (Mental overflow stacks maybe?) With Mental Overflow amp it basically raises our Psi point cap to 7 points. Every Psi point over 5 gives a stack of Mental Overflow up to 2 stacks. Once a finisher is cast any stacks of Mental Overflow are converted to Psi points toward the next 5 point cycle. This basically allows us breathing room to spam all of our abilities on cooldown without wasting Psi Points. So you should not have issues with wasted Psi points.

Curtsey
newb

Postby Curtsey » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:01 pm

Never mind again

daruka
that guy

Postby daruka » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:54 pm

Added Addon section and Added LUI aura codes.

Moshcrates
newb

Postby Moshcrates » Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:16 pm

daruka wrote:The word on the street is it is higher damage but has more RNG involved to be higher. I have not been able to get one to test however.

We did several rounds of testing between the trinkets, venom, and siphon. Venom came out ahead of the rest for TkStrike/TkStorm. We did not test PF/IB.

zipain
newb

Postby zipain » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:43 pm

I have tried everything now and I cant seem to get LUI aura to work with the haunt code you linked.

I want that 1sec show before actual cooldown is over, I can get it to do the complete normal show and hide on CD. But if I try to add that 1sec time remaining. It just stays hidden all the time or if I just use the one you linked, it stays hidden all the time. :S

daruka
that guy

Postby daruka » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:25 pm

Moshcrates wrote:
daruka wrote:The word on the street is it is higher damage but has more RNG involved to be higher. I have not been able to get one to test however.

We did several rounds of testing between the trinkets, venom, and siphon. Venom came out ahead of the rest for TkStrike/TkStorm. We did not test PF/IB.

Venom in general was the stronger of the weapon fusions. My previous comment was more pertaining to the mordechai redmoon fusion rune. On that note however I do feel that Mordechai fusion is actually less DPS than Venom due to the way it procs for esper DPS.

zipain wrote:I have tried everything now and I cant seem to get LUI aura to work with the haunt code you linked.

I want that 1sec show before actual cooldown is over, I can get it to do the complete normal show and hide on CD. But if I try to add that 1sec time remaining. It just stays hidden all the time or if I just use the one you linked, it stays hidden all the time. :S

Zipain it looks like the issue is in the newer version of LUI Aura. I will have to see if i can find a fix on the newer version. For a temp fix I recommend installing an older version of the addon and it should work.

zipain
newb

Postby zipain » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:39 am

Did you find a fix for the luiaura ?

daruka
that guy

Postby daruka » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:36 pm

I am still looking for a way to get it working in the newer version, I will try to sort it out this weekend.

Return to “Guides”