Daddy Fraya
Pee Pea
Fray mond

Shrii
newb

Re: Stalker Tank Guide [Drop 6]

Postby Shrii » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:30 am

I am reasonably sure you were a bit sleepy when you wrote this:
"Once you've got full Ability Points, you'll want Whiplash 8, Prep 8 and you can choose between Bloodthirst 8/Nano Virus 8/Nano Virus 4/Razor Storm 4/Steadfast 4."

Also, you don't like exanite weaponry for your weapon?

Specifically what one of the threat meters do you use? Since this drop I've tried both, and they both seem to sometimes just flip out, freeze and show nothing mid fight. It's super annoying and I've never had this issue with either one of them before.

Also, thanks for the guide, now I can shove it up some ppls faces who likes to argue with me about things they shouldn't. :p

Cercie
that guy

Postby Cercie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:50 am

Thank God you still think Nanofield is trash, and I'm not losing my mind. I keep seeing people trying to sell it to new stalker tanks, and I want to shake them! xD

Thank you, also, for the clarification on shields. I haven't gotten to test with a 25% one yet, so I wasn't sure if it was better (currently most commonly using 62% with 5 sec reboot. I see a LOT of reboots). It makes sense to try different ones on different fights.

What do you think about the tanking runes for weapons that drop from dungeons? I have found one that does an armor increase of over 400 for 5 sec with each hit you do (doesn't stack). There is also the KV one (5% damage reduction for 5 sec + extra threat gen, but only every 30 sec), but I feel the 30 sec cooldown is too long to be really useful.

Cercie
that guy

Postby Cercie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:05 am

Shrii
newb

Postby Shrii » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:33 pm

Cercie
that guy

Postby Cercie » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:27 pm

One more questions re: shields and medics. My medics aren't running Shield Surge anymore. They are running protective surge with overflow. Does that affect what kind of shield you want? You said ignore the low mit/fast reboot if you have medic healers, but does that still apply if they've dropped shield surge?

I see in your medic's heal guide that they still have SS on the LAS. Mine tell me it's just not worth it due to it's high focus cost and the ability to gain shields with the amp + runes. Thoughts?

Fraya
100 posts wooo

Postby Fraya » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:08 pm

You can find me on:
Daddy Fraya
Pee Pea
Fray mond

Myatha
newb

Postby Myatha » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:58 am

This is the Forgemaster rune mentioned earlier. Would you think its better than Siphon? Seems iffy due to the thirty second cooldown

Fraya
100 posts wooo

Postby Fraya » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:15 am

It could be good, but I don't think so for general usage. You'd need a really specific fight that lets you keep the ICD synced with incoming burst.

You can find me on:
Daddy Fraya
Pee Pea
Fray mond

Shrii
newb

Postby Shrii » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:41 pm

Exanite weaponry is basically the same as someone linked a picture of, but gives 600 strikethrough instead.
I basically put it in before I looked at all the other ones and have been hesitating taking it out cause I really don't know if anything else is worth putting there.
Does siphon actually make a noticeable difference (doesn't it scale off AP?), or is it just cause you should have something there and that seems best?

Fraya
100 posts wooo

Postby Fraya » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:04 pm

Its base value is pretty high. The healing isn't noticeable, but the damage is.

You can find me on:
Daddy Fraya
Pee Pea
Fray mond

Shrii
newb

Postby Shrii » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:38 am

Nvm, I'm retarded. The rune I was talking about is the same as the one that was linked, but it gives me 600 strikethrough instead. Scales from SP I guess.
I just named the special, lol.

blackjeans
newb

Postby blackjeans » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:10 pm

Fraya
100 posts wooo

Postby Fraya » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:16 pm

You can find me on:
Daddy Fraya
Pee Pea
Fray mond

Oxtube
newb

Postby Oxtube » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:31 am

Nice guide !
There are so few stalker tank theory craft possibilities that i love reading these.
Few questions though.

-Taunt/ intimidate logic
If someone else is higher on threat than me, and i use TAUNT to become to target, and then i use INTIMIDATE.. according to your logic i should be copying my own threat?

-Speed fusion in boots.
Currently i'm running no fusion in my boots. Do you really think it's worth it, seeing as you also said: stand still as much as possible for your healers?

-sp regen
If you don't take punish/ NV, do you have enough SP regen to keep casting frenzy constantly?
Or do you still take punish? (you mentioned potentially dropping it but not sure if you have/can)

-deflect
I feel that stalker tanks are quite dependent on getting deflects to keep up our survivability & threat, which is why i runed it up to 25% base deflect. (frenzy will bring me up to 35.5%ish)

-amp spike
I'm a fan of amp spike (from from a design p.o.v. but whatever) in this meta since we have so few defensive cooldowns.
I have it on T4 because it lowers the cooldown to 44 seconds and T8 furor almost cuts that in half. On top of that it also increases healing received by 30% which helps in those oh-shit moments when you are casting it anyway.

CK Jester
100 posts wooo

Postby CK Jester » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:56 pm

Fraya
100 posts wooo

Postby Fraya » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:18 pm

SP Regen - The recent change to Enabler is making it look like Punish can be dropped. I only had 1 week of real-world testing though, so I can't be completely sure. The only real risk is that when you run out of SP it creates a pretty brutal feedback loop that keeps you out of SP.

AMP Spike - I haven't run it tiered up yet, don't really have the ability to now that I'm running Bloodthirst 8. It's still okay at base though, I'm probably going to be running it more if I can keep my SP stable without Punish.

You can find me on:
Daddy Fraya
Pee Pea
Fray mond

Sesshoumaru
newb

Postby Sesshoumaru » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:03 am

Quick questions:

In terms of threat what is better:

Siphon versus Enrage (hand fusion)

and also which amp is better for threat: boost or counter? Id imagine boost with our shields almost always above 50%.

Fraya
100 posts wooo

Postby Fraya » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:01 pm

Depends on the fight.

Fusions: If Enrage is rolling because of constant damage, Enrage is more. If it's falling off, Siphon is more. IDK why you'd be comparing them though. Siphon is a Weapon Fusion, Enrage is a Glove.

Worth mentioning that Venom is now more TPS than Siphon.

Boost vs. Counter: Boost is considerably better than Counter. I am not a fan of Counter. On most boss fights you only deflect around once every 10 seconds. These are bosses that only average a swing every 3-4 seconds (their swing timer is 2.0, but casting makes Wildstar bosses lose their minds). So you're looking at one proc every 20 seconds on Counter, for an uptime of 30%, which is pretty pathetic for 8% Glance and 15% Threat.

Also worth mentioning on Counter, I can't be certain how the Threat% modifier is working. Some instances of Threat% add, and some multiply. If it's additive, the true value would be cut in half or more. That said, I have no idea what it is. It's very possible to test this though.

You can find me on:
Daddy Fraya
Pee Pea
Fray mond

Fraya
100 posts wooo

Postby Fraya » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:11 pm

You can find me on:
Daddy Fraya
Pee Pea
Fray mond

Oxtube
newb

Postby Oxtube » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:19 pm

Any gadgets good for threat?
If so, which one(s)

Fraya
100 posts wooo

Postby Fraya » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:49 pm

I honestly have no idea. I wish there was a list of gadgets somewhere.

You can find me on:
Daddy Fraya
Pee Pea
Fray mond

Huch52
newb

Postby Huch52 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:29 pm

I'd like to know, low level dungeons you should use AP abilities, instead of support one. I read what you said, but AP abilities dont provide any defenses?

Fraya
100 posts wooo

Postby Fraya » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:31 pm

You can find me on:
Daddy Fraya
Pee Pea
Fray mond

Cercie
that guy

Postby Cercie » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:18 pm

Now that new shields with the new specials are out, it looks like they really want the high mit shield to be the "tanky" one. What are your thoughts on the new shield specials and how they affect our picks as tanks?

Return to “Guides”