Spellslinger DPS Guide [Drop 6]

Moderator: Mod

Millek
that guy

Spellslinger DPS Guide [Drop 6]

Postby Millek » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:24 pm

Introduction:
Spellslingers are an excellent choice if you want to be mobile, ranged, and do high damage. Spellslingers excel at both AOE and single tagret encounters. Spellslingers attack many times per second and can charge up charged shot for heavy damage. Spellslingers also have some of the best interrupts in the game. Arcane shock has a very low cooldown and penetrates 2 interrupt armor. You will have to be careful dodging telegraphs in light armor. The spellslinger is a very squishy class.

SPELLSURGE info-
Spellsurge is the spellslinger innate. does not cause global cooldown and can be cast while casting other spells. you will need to activate and deactivate this skill many time during your rotation to make sure you only spellsurge the spells you need to.

The Only spells you should be spellsurging are Charged Shot, Ignite, Arcane Missiles,
If you have extra spellsurge you should spend it on assassinate if your attacking one target, and quick draw if you are attacking multiple targets.
for the most part in your rotation you will only have enough to cast your main dps spells with spellsurge. about every other rotation you will have extra spellsurge to spend. it varies with your build.

Stat Prioritization

This is for DS raiding, people not at gear level 120 may need other stats or runesets i have not done testing on that though.

Crit Sev > Vigor/Strikethrough > Crit chance/AP

Spellslinger is a crit class! we have the highest crit and you should take advantage of it with the new crit severity ratings. then you will want strikethrough to cap and vigor. if you dont have enough exceptionals you can weave in some crit chance/multi hit/ or AP runes. each piece that has non class sets your going to want a divine/pure devastation crit sev rune, and a divine and pure onslaught vigor/strikethrough runes along with the fusion.

Rune Sets: - You are going to want exceptionals, divine & pure, for devastation and onslaught in each pice of gear, except for shoulders and legs for class sets.

non shoulders and leg rune slots you will want: 2 x Earth runes(Devastation Crit Sev), 1 x Logic (Onslaught Vigor), 1 x Air(Onslaught Strikethrough) or another Logic slot for Onslaught vigor.

Devastation(4/6): You want this runeset for the crit severity earth runes. exceptional divine crit sev/ exceptional pure crit sev.
Onsluaght(4/6): You want these runes for Vigor and Strikethrough. exceptional divine vigor / exceptional divine Str if not at cap, if you are at cap you can put in a NON exceptional divine vigor rune for 3/8 onslaught for the extra vigor on the runeslot.

These are for shoulders/legs where you dont have fusion runes.
Well of Power: The best class set. changes Rotations and lowers cooldowns.
Flamesurge: Will add minor Dots when you use spellsurge and have ignite on the target.

Fusion Runes:

Weapon: Vemon/redmoon/stormtalon
Helm: Deadly Blows
Chest: Flurry
Hands: True Strike
Feet: Quick Feet

Drop 6 Raiding Builds

Well of Power class runeset Build: Jabbit doesnt havce enough amp points for full build. i would suggest piercing shots. This runeset will change your rotations from earlier drops. This will allow you to drop QD to T0 and add Arcane Missles to your rotation at T8. you will need the extra spellpower to fuel the cooldown reductions and flamesurge runeset procs if you have that as well.

Rotation: Recently Updated this rotation. i have found casting 1 Ass in the rotation makes everything smooth as butter. it is no longer best practice to replace a QD with 2 x Ass.

1. Always keep ignite up on targets, especially if you have the flamesurge DS class runes.

The rest of the builds listed below still work for those people who do not have the GA class runeset, well of power.

Fresh LvL 50 Starter Builds – (no extra ability points or amps)

Suggested Amp Build: Exchange critical surge for withering magic if your raid needs it.

CS/AM Build: rotation: (SS) AM > QD x 2 > (SS) CS > Ass x 2 > QD x 3

CS/IG build : rotation: (SS)CS > QD x 3 > (SS)IG > IG > Ass > QD x 2, this one can get wonky if you miscast something with spellsurge, also anything with cs requires good fps and latency to do max dps.

IG/AM: rotation: (SS)AM > QD x 3 > (SS)IG > Ass > QD x 3

CS/VP: rotation: (SS)CS > VP > QD x 3 > (SS)CS > QD x 6
- Replace a QD with 2 Assassinates when available and weave in FB. this will only give you about 50% uptime on VP, 2 slingers need to run this build if you dont have t8 vp or enough ability points to get it.

Elder Game Builds (No class run sets)– (max Amp/Ability points, 10/7)

Amp Builds:

Pure DPS:no magic debuffs or voidpact. This is the amp build I use for DPS

Magic Debuff:This amp build is what I prefer to use when I am running arcane missiles for the raid, you might as well also bring withering magic for the max magic debuffs.

Void Pact: This is the best Amp set up for voidpact, exchange crit sev amps and one strikethorugh amp to grab withering magic if you have no one else running it.

LAS Builds:

CS/Void Pact Build:-Notes: VP position in this rotation is about where it should come off CD in your rotation, it can and should be cast when it comes off CD during casting not at the end of QD's, ALSO replace a QD with 2 Assassinates when you have 2 charges and weave in flame burst.

Rotation: (SS)CS > VP > QD x 3 > (SS)CS > QD x 3 > VP > QD x 1 > (SS)CS > QD x 6

TS/VP Build: -Notes: In this build TS and VP cooldowns line up perfectly and does good damage. weave in FB and replace a QD with 2 Assassinates when you have 2 charges. You will have lots of extra spellsurge. Use it on Ass/QD and just make sure you have enough left to cast TS when its off CD.

Rotation: (SS)TS > VP > QD x 5

QD T8 / CS T8 / IG T8: The top parsing build at the moment, uses both our best DPS skills in CS and IG, good latency and FPS help a lot with this build to fire off CS and IG on time. dont forget you can use IG for great AoE damage. it has no cooldown just throw up a bunch on different sets of 5 mobs.

rotation: (SS)CS > QD x 3 > (SS)IG > Ass x 2 > QD x 2 – 3(when assassinate is on cd, only use assassinate every other rotation when you have 2 charges up to replace a quick draw)

QD T8 / CS T8 / AM T8:This is the best build in my opinion for bring magic debuffs as CS is stronger than IG right now.

rotation: (SS)AM > QD x 2 > (SS)CS > Ass > QD x 3

QD T8 / IG T8 / AM T8:This build is still really good, if you have high latency or low fps this might be better for you then using charged shot. Also this build can be better for AOE as you can Ignite multiple times on different mobs for AOE situations or when you might have to switch targets a lot.

rotation: (SS)AM > QD x 3 > (SS)IG > Ass > QD x 3
Last edited by Millek on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Millek Lightfoot

Millek
that guy

Re: Spellslinger DPS Guide [Drop 6]

Postby Millek » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:25 pm

updated, real life stuff kept me too busy to update this thing.

let me know what you guys think or if you are doing something different.
Millek Lightfoot

OmegaV
newb

Postby OmegaV » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:47 pm

All the builds on WSBASE seem to have the amps in the wrong spots, I'm guessing due to how they use to be before a patch?

Millek
that guy

Postby Millek » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:03 pm

jabbit doesnt have updated amps either, but the amps are in the right spots on the trees even if the names have changed. ill try to update them with jabbit links tonight
Millek Lightfoot

Allonso
newb

Postby Allonso » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:11 pm

Do we not want to rune for crit at all and just get it from item stats/runeset bonuses? Also, what are your advised target percentages for each stat? Soft caps are easy to reach but unsure what to aim for after that?

Millek
that guy

Postby Millek » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:22 pm

Here are my stats unbuffed. i did not test for gear levels under 120, or for people who dont have the GA class set. because we have so much crit from amps we dont really need to rune for it. also DS class runes have Crit runes that you will get anyways. Crit Sev/Vigor all the way! and get str to cap.

Millek Lightfoot

Allonso
newb

Postby Allonso » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:58 pm

So is the 4/6 Onslaught worth it for the lifesteal or can you get away with a 3 set. I guess it's free bonus stats, but harder on the wallet. Also, I am interested on the impact of vigor vs crit sev in this situation. Here is my gear and we have similar crit/str but differ on crit sev vs vigor. Is vigor more desirable once crit sev gets over 200? Going to give your setup a shot. Who knows, they might just end up similar overall.

ballistic
newb

Postby ballistic » Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:09 am

I was wondering, is piercing shots really better over power surge for the last AMP? I mean does Power Surge not stack with Urgency? Was thinking that additional 8% AP for the 3 hard-hitters is better than 12% pierce. How off am I?
I would test this myself but I'm still getting used to rotation so I'm not a representative example for the steady DPS.

raven0ak
newb

Postby raven0ak » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:17 pm

for dps since max amp is 57 instead of 55, would power surge amp and piercing shot amp be better than urgency and 2 amp points to armor pierce or shield capacity?

Deave
newb

Postby Deave » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:34 pm

What kind of dps numbers are you parsing with this setup if one might ask? :)

YEE
newb

Postby YEE » Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:18 pm

Question: What is the proper stat food for raid?

With the recent nerf to severity food (Used to be 318~, now 218~ crit sev), do you think Assault power food is better? It was buffed from 55 AP to now 88 AP.

Thanks!

Saiko Starrk
newb

Postby Saiko Starrk » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:13 am

I really hate the Ignite build. Have been using the True shot + Rapid Fire combo for a while and love the DPS/rotation.. Probably not so strong, but it's funnier to play.

I'm still learning, still 43/48abp 50/57amp, could u suggest something about this combo? (I've listen enough "Drop it" already :oops: )

Millek
that guy

Postby Millek » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:53 pm

i was able to get around 22kdps with TS/RF/AM t8, but this spec requires you to stand still. it is indeed horrible. any serious raiding will be better off doing the other builds i have posted.
Millek Lightfoot

Sleven
that guy

Postby Sleven » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:32 am

Is the token pieces all BiS? A BiS list would be nice. It looks like you're wearing a different chest piece.

Also would it not be better for AMPS to go 3 points into crit sev and 1 point into strikethrough. Since:
crit sev amp gives 4% 400 crit sev rune = 4%
str amp gives 1% 400 str rune = 1.2%

So we would can .4% str just by runeing the two str runes instead of crit sev. I cant tell your runes if you reach cap just by gear and class pieces alone?

Millek
that guy

Postby Millek » Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:48 am

Specific Gear is really not that important. 80% of your stats come from runes. Get the level 120 gear. some class set pieces are not BIs i dont think but its all i got for now until the patch to make crafting runes easier comes. im not gonna spend like 200p redoing a bunch of gear for maybe like 1-2% dmg buff. BIS gear generally has some combo of Crit Sev/Vigor/Crit/str if it has other stats it is probably not best in slot because thats all you really want as a SS.
Millek Lightfoot

Sleven
that guy

Postby Sleven » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:45 pm

Millek wrote:Specific Gear is really not that important. 80% of your stats come from runes. Get the level 120 gear. some class set pieces are not BIs i dont think but its all i got for now until the patch to make crafting runes easier comes. im not gonna spend like 200p redoing a bunch of gear for maybe like 1-2% dmg buff. BIS gear generally has some combo of Crit Sev/Vigor/Crit/str if it has other stats it is probably not best in slot because thats all you really want as a SS.

Looking more in depth at this I would take: (The bold being my preferred option)
Head: Gunslinger
Shoulder: Gunslinger or Cloud Dancer Pauldrons
Chest: Gunslinger or Data raider's
Glove: Grasps of Misery
Legs- Gunslinger or Quick of the Wandering Mind
Feet- Gunslinger

WA: Enumerated
SS: Zenith or Astrologic Ragefinder
Implant: Macaronic

JohJoh
that guy

Postby JohJoh » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:33 pm

Sleven wrote:Glove: Grasps of Miseryic

Eldan gauntlets imbued to 5/6 at minimum are the best gloves in the game for everyone.

Allonso
newb

Postby Allonso » Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:33 am

JohJoh wrote:Eldan gauntlets imbued to 5/6 at minimum are the best gloves in the game for everyone.

How so? Is it just the special? I haven't seen anyone using them at all.

Sleven
that guy

Postby Sleven » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:22 pm

Allonso wrote:
JohJoh wrote:Eldan gauntlets imbued to 5/6 at minimum are the best gloves in the game for everyone.

How so? Is it just the special? I haven't seen anyone using them at all.

Gloves are around the same dps i think??
The thing is you can put the GA set in your gloves and have your optimized divine runeset in your ilvl 120 in your shoulders. (If you can't 6/6 your eldans) Not sure if this way is better as you also lose out on the glove fusion
Last edited by Sleven on Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Millek
that guy

Postby Millek » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:52 am

I updated the roation for well of power. fixed some typos

Sleven wrote:Looking more in depth at this I would take: (The bold being my preferred option)
Head: Gunslinger
Shoulder: Gunslinger or Cloud Dancer Pauldrons
Chest: Gunslinger or Data raider's
Glove: Grasps of Misery
Legs- Gunslinger or Quick of the Wandering Mind
Feet- Gunslinger

WA: Enumerated
SS: Zenith or Astrologic Ragefinder

Sounds right, and Joh is right about the gloves.
Millek Lightfoot

Allonso
newb

Postby Allonso » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:41 pm

To run the Eldan Gauntlets do you use four 2-power class runes to get the set bonus so that you can still slot true strike? Or do we just not use true strike?

Sleven
that guy

Postby Sleven » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:17 pm

Allonso wrote:To run the Eldan Gauntlets do you use four 2-power class runes to get the set bonus so that you can still slot true strike? Or do we just not use true strike?

Running true strike you lose the 329 str rune which is almost 1% str.. So then is 329 vigor > .52% str?

Also something to think about.. If you want to optimize your gear for DS as a whole you can run 15.1% str (assuming you have true strike).. and on pairs/avatus eat str food to reach cap.

Sleven
that guy

Postby Sleven » Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:40 pm

*Correction(

I believe Dynamic Onslaught Neural Transmitter is better due to itemization

Kissqt
newb

Postby Kissqt » Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:35 am

Hello, i have a question concerning AMP for the 2 left point, since i am currently making my DPS spec. I have several idea on how to use them but i am not sure to any :

First, put the 2 in armor pierce to get more damage, but i am not really sure we really benefit from it, so i was skeptical to use them on it.

Then, it(s mostly about survival with Life steal, but still, i am not convinced by 4% of life Steal being Game Breaking as a SpellSlinger

My last idea is to remove 2 points from somewhere and to take Power Surge, since we do a good part of our damage with Spell Surge and it's a 8% Power boost, it sounded nice to me, not sure about the math tho

Sleven
that guy

Postby Sleven » Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:55 pm

Kissqt wrote:Hello, i have a question concerning AMP for the 2 left point, since i am currently making my DPS spec. I have several idea on how to use them but i am not sure to any :

First, put the 2 in armor pierce to get more damage, but i am not really sure we really benefit from it, so i was skeptical to use them on it.

Then, it(s mostly about survival with Life steal, but still, i am not convinced by 4% of life Steal being Game Breaking as a SpellSlinger

My last idea is to remove 2 points from somewhere and to take Power Surge, since we do a good part of our damage with Spell Surge and it's a 8% Power boost, it sounded nice to me, not sure about the math tho

Take two out of strikethrough and go Piercing Shots

Return to “Guides”