4. AMP Overview
5. Stat Prioritization
6. Gear
7. Rune Sets
8. Builds
9. General Advice
10. Changelog

Overview:

Medic DPS rotation focuses on managing their 4 actuators and juggling max dps by being in the flux, while minimizing downtime of spenders. Medics don't worry about maximizing their burst for optimal times like other classes, due to their nature of having overall consistent damage. Typically, medics have a variety of builds they can run, but this guide covers the cookie cutter builds that will work in most situations. Comfort on a rotation is key, so customizing an LAS to an individual's need is suggested.

NOTE: This guide is pretty much going to be Work in Progress until Carbine decides they're ok with itemization and stats, so be sure to check back and give me feedback.

Introduction:

While not really a sloth, Mcherios aspires to be one by sleeping 20 hours a day and raiding the other 4. His interests include sleeping, dozing around, penguin spirit animals, and eating all the foods. If you have specific questions, feel free to message me, Its Mcherios, in game anytime.

Ability Overview:

► Show Spoiler

AMP Overview:

► Show Spoiler

Stat Prioritization:

Itemization has completely been revamped, so I'll be explaining the core changes, and proceeding to go into stat prioritization.

Tech has been removed completely, and has been replaced with Assault Rating (4 rating = 1 AP). The soft cap for AP has also been removed, but since you're unable to rune for it any more what you get on your gear is what you get. You'll be focusing on maximizing gaining all stats through exceptional rune sets, prioritizing Multi-hit runes.

Crit's soft-cap is 30%, Multihit is 60%, Vigor optimization between 10 and 13%, and Strikethrough around 24% (Basically you want 17% for end game DS)(where afterwards it's converted into armor pierce, which isn't too great.)

In terms of raw damage, medic damage scales well with strikethrough up until the strikethrough cap on the mob you're targeting (and after it converts into armor pierce, which is bad). Medics scale well with Multi hit because most of their procs work with multi-hit. Vigor is also strong with medics, so the prioritization is roughly:

MH>STR>Vigor. You dont want to rune past the ideal values (ideal for Multi-hit being soft cap) but this is roughly the prioritization. Medics dont really use crit or crit severity as much as other classes, so don't try to worry about it. You get 6% from crit priority which is affected by diminishing returns, so you wouldn't want more than 20% crit anyway.

QC build doesn't rely on Multi-hit the way GR build does, so you want to have the optimal stats instead of stacking multi-hit (10% vigor, ~16.5% strikethrough for end-game DS, 50% multihit)

Strikethrough values are a bit different depending on your stage in progression, and I don't know the answers to all of the fresh 50 fights with new itemization. Avatus STR ideally is 16.5%, anything else in DS is ~16%, and GA ~12-14%.

All of these are subject to change (or error) because there will be constant updates to how these function.

Gear

► Show Spoiler

Rune Sets:

SUPER IMPORTANT YOU READ THIS BEFORE BLINDLY RUNEING YOUR STUFF

-So Rune Sets are a tricky topic, since there is an optimal way to rune and a realistic way to rune. The first image shows a VERY basic rune guide

-USE YOUR HEAD PLEASE. There is no straightforward guide on how to rune, and I've realized this. I can really only test and calculate from my perspective (having 120 gear, and infinite exceptionals). From my understanding, for datascape you want to have roughly 17% strikethrough (without going over) higher than 40% multi hit, and 5-13% vigor. I cannot calculate perfect damage for every possible gear combination, and for whats your budget.

First thing's first. The Image. These two images show loadouts of optimal runes (using base 120 gear as the starting point) with the first image being 100% regular runes, and second image being exceptionals BiS.

Some notes about these images:
-Striker Runeset is very good, but AVOID health, so you want MH and STR
-# means how many runes its worth (so 1 is regular, 2 is exceptional)
-Lv means the level of the rune. If your gear is lvl 100, then for example use a 100 rune and an 80 rune of MH and STR for weapon. Just tier down the rune levels to what your gear can handle
- FUSIONS ARE IMPORTANT. There is an error in the Hands of the second img, we want SHREDDER not True Strike fusion rune. Sorry.
- Mordachai Remoon's Ammunition and Stormtalon's eye Fusion runes are stronger single target than venom (MRA being stronger overall single) so if you get one, I'd suggest using it.
- If you need to remove strikethrough because its too high for the content you're doing (like if you have 16% doing dungeons) then you can switch an onslaught for

BASE RUNE SETS (No exceptionals)
► Show Spoiler

FULL RUNE SETS (You can trade vigor Onslaughts for Cynosure, jury is still out on that)
► Show Spoiler

Courtesy of CK Jester

This is the ideal rune sets to have at end-game itemization. If you don't have your class rune sets, then I suggest using the Striker/Onslaught Sets (Similar to the first picture's shoulder's and legs with 3 striker exceptionals 2 onslaughts (only 1 of the 2 onslaughts need to be exceptional)

The fusion runes are hands down the best**EDIT USE SHREDDER NOT TRUE STRIKE I DONT KNOW HOW IT SNUCK IN THERE**, you can be greedy and not use quick feet fusion rune but overall they're the ones you should grab.

---------------------------------------------
HOW TO RUNE.

Goal is to start from the first image and make it to the second in terms of runes. First you're going to want to transition the striker runes into exceptional runes (See Img2's Weapon if you need more Multi-Hit, Helm if you need more Vigor). Try to do one item at a time instead of spreading your runes around. Most 120 gear is BiS, if its slightly less optimized it DOESNT MATTER because runes give 400 rating per and items have a total of like 480 anyway so its negligable differences.

IF YOU DIDNT READ THE SET NOTES READ IT.

Its crucial you know MH>STR>Vigor (slightly better than each other) with Crit/Crit Sev in the trash.

Builds:

Medic builds rely heavily on high multi-hit, and the late GA / Early DS builds differ from Late DS builds due to gear and rune sets. Depending on your stage in the game, your rotation can change (especially with atomic instability rune set) depending on your personal situation.

Innate should be used when at 0 or 1 actuators, so timing its cooldown when you're at those actuator counts would be optimal.

Single/Duo Target:

► Show Spoiler

QC Rotations:

► Show Spoiler

Discharge buildt4 (one of top parsing builds)

Best DPS build so far, T4 discharge, t4 Atomize, t8 Anni, t8 QC, base emp, fissure, collider (and one free LAS slot). MUST have DS rune set.

ROTATION
► Show Spoiler

Every 3rd anni will be an emp squish, so, the actual repetition would look like

► Show Spoiler

General Advice:

Medic QC build is completely melee, while GR is mid-ranged. Depending on the fight, you can switch if you need more leeway. Both builds are currently viable on single target, while QC is better 4+ targets. Realistically, for 1-3 targets you can use whichever build you’re more comfortable on since both rotations are viable.

For raid scenarios, you always want one medic running t8 emp probes, and making sure at least one medic is running null zone and Critical priority.

Surgical is a 6% raid damage buff, so one medic in the raid should be casting field probes constantly (Can be DPS or Healer)

Dprobes at base can be supplemented in builds if another medic is running fissure

Medic dps WILL change in the next drop, so be sure to keep up with the updates to the guide.

Changelog:

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by Mcherios on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:09 pm, edited 136 times in total.
Its Mcherios
Miss Daisy
Its McFruityPebbles
Not Cherios

Mcherios
that guy

Re: Medic DPS Guide

Postby Mcherios » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:07 am

Reserved
Its Mcherios
Miss Daisy
Its McFruityPebbles
Not Cherios

spiwQk
newb

Postby spiwQk » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:25 pm

Hi, i got a question about lockdown. I want to use this addon but every time i wilk on another char i see the tooltip of him, same than when i put my cursor on him. That's rly horrible for me cause my spell bar is a the same place. So can u help me ?

Mcherios
that guy

Postby Mcherios » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:50 pm

spiwQk wrote:Hi, i got a question about lockdown. I want to use this addon but every time i wilk on another char i see the tooltip of him, same than when i put my cursor on him. That's rly horrible for me cause my spell bar is a the same place. So can u help me ?

I would suggest adjusting your UI accordingly so it doesn't cause as much of a problem, or not use Lockdown if it remains an issue. Its personal preference honestly, if you find that lockdown isn't working well for you then don't use it.
Its Mcherios
Miss Daisy
Its McFruityPebbles
Not Cherios

Humak
Daman

Re: Medic DPS Guide [Drop 6]

Postby Humak » Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:29 pm

updated for drop 6
Humak Daman - Medic
Humak Dawarrior
Humak DaEsper

Enigma Officer
Twitch

HollowDean
newb

Postby HollowDean » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:02 am

Hm.... I have QC bind on my mouse, but it doesn't hold it all the time, more like a second and then lets go. I have to press it every time. If I bind it to keyboard works just fine, but then I have hard time moving around and pressing other skills. How do you do it? Any suggestion?

Mcherios
that guy

Postby Mcherios » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:29 pm

I personally use QC on my 1 key, Q,2,3,4,5,e,tab,capslock as my other keys, and just dance my fingers around while moving. It gets really annoying on fights like kuralak, but after getting used to it I personally like it. You could also try the (in game (?)) addon that lets you bind keys to your left/right mouse clicks and hold QC that way (I know lockdown used to, but I never used it). Otherwise you could try using a different mouse with an extra button and see if its still an issue. Otherwise I'm not sure what else to do, I have a simple two button mouse ^^
Its Mcherios
Miss Daisy
Its McFruityPebbles
Not Cherios

Dreadras
newb

Postby Dreadras » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:36 pm

the 2nd rune set is something like an alternative? for example in image 2 with the exceptional runes, weapon should have 2 lvl 120 and one lvl 100 MC striker but as an alternative we could add multichance cynosure?

Mcherios
that guy

Postby Mcherios » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:41 pm

Dreadras wrote:the 2nd rune set is something like an alternative? for example in image 2 with the exceptional runes, weapon should have 2 lvl 120 and one lvl 100 MC striker but as an alternative we could add multichance cynosure?

Yes, the weapon in the second image (full exceptionals) is an alternative runes for weapon/helm/gloves/boots/chest (since all of them use a fusion rune).

Basically the sets are an ideal amount of vigor, strikethrough, and multi hit without getting hurt on DR too much. ONLY the weapon uses that set as shown because thats an ideal amount of strikethrough without going over, and too much multi hit will put you over multi-hit soft cap. While you CAN stack more multi hit for procs like atomize 4, its hard to actually math out which would be better. As long as you pass the strikethrough threshold and not ignore vigor completely, your runes can focus more into multi hit if you want
Its Mcherios
Miss Daisy
Its McFruityPebbles
Not Cherios

zaery
newb

Postby zaery » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:16 am

Got any good resources for the math on weapon fusion runes? I'm trying to determine whether or not I should swap my Mordechai Redmoon's Ammunition for a divine venom, and I can't find any definitive theorycrafting on MRA.

I tried some short parses on a dummy, and with the QC build, MRA was pulling ~330ish dps(4% of my total) while MRA with the GR build was pulling ~380ish(5% of my total).

Mcherios
that guy

Postby Mcherios » Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:14 pm

zaery wrote:Got any good resources for the math on weapon fusion runes? I'm trying to determine whether or not I should swap my Mordechai Redmoon's Ammunition for a divine venom, and I can't find any definitive theorycrafting on MRA.

I tried some short parses on a dummy, and with the QC build, MRA was pulling ~330ish dps(4% of my total) while MRA with the GR build was pulling ~380ish(5% of my total).

MRA is currently BiS for single target damage (And jury is out for stormtalon's eye, but it might also be better than venom). I'll update my guide mentioning it, I originally posted venom because it was a craftable fusion anyone could instantly get.
Its Mcherios
Miss Daisy
Its McFruityPebbles
Not Cherios

IzorkX
newb

Postby IzorkX » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:44 am

Hey. I have a question.
How do you feel about the recent nerf to QC?
Does it change anything, is QC still the strongest spec for max dps?

Recently started raiding with a new guild, and we run 1 GR with max emp propes, and me as QC. We are not sure whats the best setup either.

Thanks in advance!

Mcherios
that guy

Postby Mcherios » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:20 pm

IzorkX wrote:Hey. I have a question.
How do you feel about the recent nerf to QC?
Does it change anything, is QC still the strongest spec for max dps?

Recently started raiding with a new guild, and we run 1 GR with max emp propes, and me as QC. We are not sure whats the best setup either.

Thanks in advance!

While QC was a numbers nerf, they changed the 3% damage buff to stack mult. with other damage bonuses instead of additive. So I haven't fully tested it yet, but it doesn't appear to be significant enough of a nerf to make it worse than GR (if at all a nerf).

The new change with QC being able to que is huge. It reduces the skill required to play medic QC rotation significantly, since you will be able to que up QC-> discharge almost instantly instead of trying to guesstimate it and end up cutting off the next channel.

So my advice right now for medic is GR for utility, and QC for damage. QC rotation allows partial uptime for fissure and emp probes on raid (almost full with class rune set), and its more raw single target damage than GR build.

GR build allows you to run t4 fissure and t8 emp, which allows you to run it with 100% uptime even without the class sets. It also has two free LAS slots, which is huge in terms of utlity. GR build is more lenient about tiering down fissure and emp probes (to t0/t4 respectively). The rotation itself is simple as well, so when you're first picking up medic you can run GR without much practice.

In general, look at your logs and see which build is performing better. If both are doing relatively the same damage, and you don't need to cleave more than 2-3 targets, I'd suggest GR build. If you end up doing significantly worse (~15%+ damage loss) running GR, then you should go with QC.

In terms of raid comp, ideally you want to have 100% uptime on buffs. So if its a fight like phagemaw where the raid is stacked, one medic can run buff GR build, and the other QC (or whichever is higher for him). If its a fight like System daemons where there are North and South splits, then both medics should run fissure/emp in the GR build (unless you have t4 atomic charge rune set that reduces cooldown)
Its Mcherios
Miss Daisy
Its McFruityPebbles
Not Cherios

Darkz
newb

Postby Darkz » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:37 pm

Hey Sir. I got one question about Runes. my gear is ilvl96, so i should use runes ilvl100 and ilvl80. But should i use the 2x ilvl 100 that's add 2 powers and 2x ilvl80 thats add 2 powers? How bonus stacks on that item? Thanks

Mcherios
that guy

Postby Mcherios » Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:01 am

Darkz wrote:Hey Sir. I got one question about Runes. my gear is ilvl96, so i should use runes ilvl100 and ilvl80. But should i use the 2x ilvl 100 that's add 2 powers and 2x ilvl80 thats add 2 powers? How bonus stacks on that item? Thanks

Hiya,

So if you're using exceptional runes (each rune giving 2 powers each) you want to run x2 ilvl100 and x1 ilvl80 for a rune set like striker.

Striker is a 6-set-piece-bonus, so you want 2+2+2 power runes to get all of the bonuses, anything after doesn't add to set bonus. If you're using a set like Overcharge (8 piece set bonus), you want a 2+2+2+1+! rune setup (which would be all ilvl100s since there are enough runes for that).
Its Mcherios
Miss Daisy
Its McFruityPebbles
Not Cherios

Dwerimake
newb

Postby Dwerimake » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:49 am

thanks for this guide list! I appreciate your help!

Return to “Guides”