Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Moderator: Mod

Velzanna
that guy

Re: Spellslinger Healing Guide [Drop 6]

Postby Velzanna » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:54 pm

Hi CK, are there certain pieces of gear (not token) that we should look out for? Some stats on token gear are not the most optimal ones, is there some BiS stuff we should save our priority for?

CK Jester
100 posts wooo

Postby CK Jester » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:33 pm

Velzanna wrote:Hi CK, are there certain pieces of gear (not token) that we should look out for? Some stats on token gear are not the most optimal ones, is there some BiS stuff we should save our priority for?

100% yes. dont have a list on me atm ill get back to you ASAP.

Velzanna
that guy

Postby Velzanna » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:38 pm

Thanks a lot! We've made it to 6/9, hopes for 7/9 this week, so... yeah. Would love to have something to look/wait for.
Still no healing pistols though. Wondering if it's a bug or something.

Sleven
that guy

Postby Sleven » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:10 pm

Head Earthen Veil
Shoulder Gunslinger's Lightweave Mantle
Chest Gunslinger's Lightweave Coat
Hands Gunslinger's Lightweave Grips
Legs Gunslinger's Lightweave Leggings
Feet Refactoring Runners

This is what i figure

CK Jester
100 posts wooo

Postby CK Jester » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:40 am

Weapon: Maelstrom-Forged Woundbreakers
Shield: Energized Deflector (Reserve Capacitor)
Head: Earthen Veil
Shoulder: Gunslinger's Lightweave Mantle
Chest: Gunslinger's Lightweave Coat
Hands: Gunslinger's Lightweave Grips
Legs: GunSlinger's Lightweave Leggings (War-Torn Stockings)
Feet: Refactoring Runners
WA: Dynamic Onslaught Terminal
SS: Transfusion Wave (Energized Security System)
Implant: Hyperperception Artifice (Fluid Motion)
Gadget: Firewall

Velzanna
that guy

Postby Velzanna » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:35 pm

Nice! I have some of it. Recently got myself the Firewall, was very very happy.
CK have you ever seen 116 pistols drop after F2P?

Also what are your thoughts about Quick Feet vs Hut-Hut Hike? I'm getting really fond of Sprinter special, since I usually save my rolls for dodging. I really didn't use Quick feet in combat, only to get myself boost out of combat which kind of defeats it's purpose.

Wolfee Mustachos
newb

Postby Wolfee Mustachos » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:44 am

You don't need any special on boot Velz ^^ It's better to use a set runes to increase your stats. About pistols and drop, I've seen 116 and 120 recently (like 3 weeks ago) don't worry ^^

Got a question about the Spreadsheet you've done CK (Enigma Public Stuff), is it possible to add food and boost on it ? :o I wish I could do it, but I suck ._.

Velzanna
that guy

Postby Velzanna » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:53 am

I prefer to have more mobility, for mobility = more survivability. Dead healers do no heals. We are still in progression, so it's important. There have been many times when I survived and other healers did not, I wouldn't contribute it solely to the boot runes, but it does help.

Sleven
that guy

Postby Sleven » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:16 pm

CK Jester wrote:WA: Dynamic Onslaught Terminal
SS: Transfusion Wave (Energized Security System)
Implant: Hyperperception Artifice (Fluid Motion)

I was thinking something else. At max gear/runes your focus recovery is pretty good and intensity is the best runeable stat if focus isn't an issue. Also I feel crit sev really weak. First it has to crit and then the crit has to also not be an overheal. So avoiding crit sev and intensity not being so bad this what I came up with. Thoughts?

WA: Beacon Overloader (Dynamic Onslaught Terminal) haven't decided between these two
SS: Quodlibet Synchro
Implant: Mojo's Ephedrin

Wolfee Mustachos wrote:Got a question about the Spreadsheet you've done CK (Enigma Public Stuff), is it possible to add food and boost on it ? :o I wish I could do it, but I suck ._.

Add it to the Misc Rating column

CK Jester
100 posts wooo

Postby CK Jester » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:53 pm

@velzanna
Havent seen 116 healing pistols. idk what theyre even called!

Quick Feet > Hut-Hut and i always have fusion in my boots. movement > any one stat 100% no question. as for saving dodge rolls, learn to sprint out of attacks its a very useful skill and used to be a requirement to effectively play engy dps, but generally you are dodge rolling attacks or full born sprinting you dont really have to choose so that is why quick feet is great (also dont have to sprint for the effect. it affects walk speed too)

@Wolfee
Add food/boost to Misc column like Sleven suggested. best way to add anything that isnt on the sheet.

@Sleven
there are a lot of small optimizations you can do for each fight. a general rule of thumb is to have enough FRR to endure the entire encounter and then optimize healing based on targets (single/group). great example is gloomclaw. gloomclaw you would do much better with crit/crit sev/intensity and just run GF to offset focus loss.

I like the 3 non-runeable slots because it allows for fine tweaks and its really p to the player to determine if they want intensity or focus pool, etc. in those pieces for the fight and it isnt absurd to carry different pieces to swap on a per fight basis (because it doesnt require expensive runes).

its definitely a debatable topic.

Wolfee Mustachos
newb

Postby Wolfee Mustachos » Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:36 am

Thx for the answers boiz !

About crit, crit sev, intensity and other max-runeable stuff. I'm personnally using crit. I used CK's Spreadsheet to make some test with intensity, but the biggest problem with intensity is, we have to increase focus pool first of all, before increasing intensity (you definitely can't play with 10% intensity, without having less than 2k Focus Pool and a shitload of FRR bonus - Harmony fusion per exemple).

Playing with Critical Hit allow the Spellslinger to play almost full Critical Resurgence Runes (instead of Focus Pool), and so we can use Heavenly Echoes (Head Fusion Runes) instead of Harmony (+4.96% Msev). On most of encounter, I'm not even using Gather Focus (taking Speed of the Void instead of Focus Stone to increase my mobility).

When I'm against "special" encounters (Gloomclaw, SD, Hardmentors), I just jave to switch for Gather Focus + Focus Stone to reach the Focus Regen cap I need.

► Show Spoiler

Sleven
that guy

Postby Sleven » Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:11 pm

@Wolfee I dont understand how you dont have token gloves yet. It's like the easiest one to get lol and you have the shoulders which I still need for both dps and healing set lol.

I'm not into having multiple gear sets except token gloves with disabler. Might check out heavenly echos.
Good discussion :)

Wolfee Mustachos
newb

Postby Wolfee Mustachos » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:59 am

I enjoy the discussion too :p Nobody in my guild care about theorycrafting (especially healslinger theorycrafting ahah We're only 2, and the second is a new member)

About token, I'm not looking at loot tbh. Everyone is doing effort, and I'm already (since many weeks now :p) enough stuff to go HM, so I just don't ask for anything unless nobody is asking for what I'm looking for. Token gaunt are an important pieces (like every tokens tough) so when I got one, it's because nobody need it in the raid ^^ I'll have it soon, I'm not scared ;)

I'm not having multiple part of stuff too, I should try to have some (especially gaunt yeah disabler sucks -.-) but don't want to farm for runes. And I'm still waiting for the shitty ilvl 120 Eldan gaunt :p I would be mad, spending XXX plat in a second gaunt, and then taking down HM.

About heavenly echoes, this is freakin stronk ! The second best stat I should increase according to healing calculator on spreadsheet (1st is intensity) and the rune provides almost 5% for "free", so yeah, definitely worth it (if you ain't playing with 10% of intensity xD). I'd like to try inner strength too (increasing Csev on crit heals, stacking up 5 times for 12.4% Csev), because while in raid I got tons of buff and my Crit chance is around 25%, according to spreadsheet Csev become the 2nd best stat I should increase (Msev is now 4th, behind Int, Csev and Mhit).

Soooo many things to try -_-'

Bradev
newb

Postby Bradev » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:02 am

Hey CK, I just got my 4 set of prevention and I'm trying to figure out how to make the most of it. If I try to maximize my uptime with RoP (spellsurged RoP, VP, spellsurged RoP when it's off cooldown) I kill my spellpower pretty quickly. Should I be doing something like non-spellsurged RoP, non-spellsurged astral infusion, void pact, etc to try to get the most out of raid absorb uptime or is prevention just nice for the few seconds it removes from RoP?

CK Jester
100 posts wooo

Postby CK Jester » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:35 am

@Bradev
Prevention set is a dastardly one. You can't rip off cd and not run out of spell power even more so if you have to use c2 sustains or regenerate pulses, etc. What it'll come down to is choosing when to use rop and when not to. Always hit 4 targets always hit those who need it (don't just try and fill the quota) and don't use it if it can be covered by another heal if spell power is a concern. Example being using rop to cover x-89s knock back (it doesn't do significant damage and can be covered by a c1 sustain for no spell power )

What prevention allows you to do is be more aggressive for high dmy fights like skele and avatar tanks. And if worse comes to worse rop is very strong without the surge but regenerate pulse, healing salve and voids print are not (unless under 30% for regen).

You can also turn off your surge to regen sp faster but it won't be significant unless over a prolonged encounter. Most of the spread management will come from in-combat choices. Using more non-surged over surged abilities.

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions about specific fights lmk.

Bradev
newb

Postby Bradev » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:32 am

Thanks for taking the time to write that. After having played with it for two raids now I have a decent feel for it but I initially had it built up in my head as being able to chain spam RoP which most definitely isn't the case.

Pokeyy
newb

Postby Pokeyy » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:27 pm

Any chance of this getting updated to RMT? I just got back into Wildstar after having quit because of getting stuck on SD for over a month in December last year. Got a couple of friends to play and I'd like to know if anything changed or if there's any new guides around :P

Greetings
A returning player who completely forgot how to play the game : ^)

Return to “Guides”